*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

This is an expected thing they do. They admit a small group of top students in February. Everyone else will hear as usual in March.

@nickcollegehelp The student I helped apply to MET got into MET with regent and SEED invite. From what I can gather, the amount offered is $10k/year renewable and then a $10k research stipend. There are three essays involved. They’re extensive. STEM related.

2 Likes

I have absolutely no reason to think my son will be fortunate enough to get into Cal, let alone that he would be in this early batch, but I couldn’t resist having him check his portal. I didn’t want him to think anything about it, so I didn’t even tell him why I was having him look at it. :sweat_smile: He didn’t get anything. :frowning:

Congratulations to all who did. Soooooooo exciting. Why aren’t I seeing more exclamation marks in these recent posts?!!?!? Huh!?!?!? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Did any international applicant get his/her result today?

If we got an invite for regents, do we just sign up for an interview? Do we have to fill anything else out?

My first acceptance!!! Congrats to everybody who got in so far and good luck to those who applied!

(L&S Comp Sci applicant, invited to apply to SEED)

3 Likes

My S21 received an acceptance today (L&S), and an invite to apply to the SEED scholarship program. I understand this is a pretty new program, and only 25 will be accepted. Any idea how many invites go out? or any other information from last year’s class?

1 Like

I am in state but haven’t heard of anyone in my school getting in yet.

Are you in state. Do you mind sharing your stats and ecs.

I didn’t ):

I saw one person on the thread earlier saying they got accepted but that’s about it

I did

following

Yes, I’m in state.

Stats: 4.5+ weighted, 1500+ sat (Apologies for not sharing the specific numbers)

ECs: I don’t want to get into specifics, but my main idea was creating a few very successful apps that were centered around solving problems around me and using code for good. The rest was about my curiosity (attending/mentoring at a business program, music composition, mathematics research, etc)

Regardless of my stats, everybody is unique and it’s not like they want 30,000 me’s :joy:. Best of luck!

1 Like

Congratulations to your son and all of the other newly admitted students. The SEED program started at Cal last year. They had great plans for a summer program, special campus housing, research/mentor opportunities but the pandemic made them have to get creative. I wouldn’t use last year’s program as an example but read about the program at other schools. You can also call Ira Young. He is very helpful.

https://seedscholars.berkeley.edu/program

2 Likes

The SEED scholarship program is for in state applicants only or for all applicants?

Accepted! OOS College of Letters and Sciences 4.6 W GPA 4.0 UW

3 Likes

Did you just get it or you checked it now?

Just got an email, anyone else?

We realize you’ve been anxiously awaiting your decision from UC Berkeley and want to let you know that your application is currently under review.

While you may have heard that a few applicants received notification of their decision, we are still reviewing the majority of freshman applications.

Freshman decisions will be released approximately late afternoon / early evening (Pacific time) on March 25, 2021.

8 Likes

i got the same email