*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

I would definitely wait until acceptance.

I have a related question on AP. DS is taking a virtual online AP course on his own split over 2 semesters and signed up for AP exam. Finished Fall section and submitted his grade as mid-year report. Now his Spring workload has been quite a bit and he is thinking of dropping the 2nd Sem section, he feels confident about AP exam without having to go through the course obligations. Would dropping 2nd semester AP course while still taking the AP exam be ok, even though on his application he has indicated taking AP course for spring semester. Thanks.

Any schedule changes should be cleared through the applied colleges. This would be more of a reason to rescind an acceptance than not taking the AP exam.

AP course is not necessary to take the AP exam. My DD has taken AP exams without taking AP course and has gotten credit for the exam. Is your son getting high school credit for that AP course? If so then he needs to communicate with his school counselor before dropping the course. Colleges look at the apps holistically and as long as he has that AP exam grade it should not matter to them I believe.

Yes, we understand that AP course is not a requirement for AP exam and he does not need the grade for his high school requirements. So it is not so much about AP exam or course credit, but more of where he indicated in his application that he plans to take the AP course semester 2, but now thinks he doesnā€™t need it at least for the exam. So he is only going to do it because he indicated in his application that he will.

1 Like

hi
congratulation for your acceptance to UCBerkeley.
can you please share some more information about your acceptance.
like are you in state or Out of state? did you get reagents ?
what is your stats ?
like GPA, APS, Activities etc.
UC Berkeley sent their acceptance to all or only few ?

thanks

1 Like

@gargi999 there is a Berkeley Class of 2025 Stats thread and you can see whoā€™s posted so far.

ok .
Thanks

1 Like

How competitive is a 4.68 weighted uc gpa for an oos student?

GPA is competitive when you compare it to the 2020 Freshman profile however GPA alone does not determine your chances. UCB will consider 13 areas of criteria. Is UCB affordable as a Full pay OOS student?

Yes absolutely, I do understand that GPA certainly isnā€™t everything, I just wanted to make sure since Iā€™ve always been a bit confused by the UC uncapped, capped, unweighted, and weighted gpas. UCB is pricey especially when compared to my instate school(unc) but Iā€™ve talked it over with my parents and weā€™re all onboard.

Has anyone heard from the SEEDS program yet? Applicant portal shows that applications were due Feb 18th and interviews will be conducted Mar 13th.

1 Like

I thought I read somewhere they were going to notify candidates on March 5 if they were going to be interviewed but I donā€™t know if this is still relevant so take it with a grain of salt. My daughter has not heard. I would be interested in knowing how many applied for what is a very small program.

1 Like

I was just thinking about this earlier today, and asked my child. He has not heard back either. On Reddit, someone said they were notified on March 5. But didnā€™t specify if they were notified by email to schedule an interview, or what. I assume my child just didnā€™t advance. It was a long shot anyway.

@parentjunior17 @CalBear95 Thank you both for the responses. I did not know about the Mar 5 notification date for those that advanced to interviews. I checked with my son and he does not see any emails at this point, so I will assume he did not advance. It was certainly a long shot, but appears to be an interesting program with wonderful opportunities.

Good luck to everyone waiting on the decisions!

1 Like

My mentee did not get SEEDS (they didnā€™t even sent out the rejection email) but he understood that people who were selected were sent email on 3/5.

I wonder why Berkeley didnā€™t send the First Year Pathways email yet. They usually send by end of feb and usually CC-ers here analyze the chances of admissions if the email has paragraph like if admitted or if waitlisted with no admitted paragraph :slight_smile: Or have others received this email and we are missing something? :thinking:

My son just received the SEEDS email - Sorry you were not selected

do they accept anyone to GMP without interview in the final decisions wave?

1 Like

When are we expecting results to be out?