*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

I believe they are test optional for now until fall 2023 or so, that’s when they go test blind. You usually provide your SAT/ACT scores on the UC app and I don’t know of a different way to submit your scores. good luck :slight_smile:

@newzar @thepot079

UC’s test policy for Fall 2021 admission:
The UC’s will not consider SAT or ACT test scores when making admissions decisions or awarding Regents and Chancellor’s scholarships. If you choose to submit test scores as part of your application, they may be used to determine your eligibility for the California statewide admissions guarantee, as an alternative method of fulfilling minimum requirements for eligibility or for course placement after you enroll.

If you want to submit your test scores, then you need to send an official copy from College board or ACT. They will accept self-reported test scores on the UC application also.

1 Like

All the UCs are test blind this year but you can self-report. They may use it for class placement or ELC calculations. I think there’s a note that says once you decide to attend, you can send in the official scores.

1 Like

they are SAT/ACT blind, but not necessarily SAT Subject test blind. UCB and UCSD recommend subject tests for School of Engineering.

https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/admission-requirements/freshman-requirements/exam-requirement/sat-subject-tests.html

1 Like

Also, you can update your scores in the original UC application, after you sign in.

1 Like

Hi. I was on here a LOT last year for the class of 2024, and I’ve been off for a few months. I have a question regarding my son who will be applying NEXT year. Originally, UCs were going to be SAT-optional this year and next year, then SAT blind following that. Obviously that changed for THIS year. Any word on SAT recommendations for NEXT year? Thank you.

@scrambro: No word about the test score policy for 2022. I would try to get testing done if possible.

Any International applicant asked to submit a Letter of Recommendation?

Did anyone confirm if UCB requires official score sends for SAT Subjects to be considered?

Looks like no need to submit official SAT scores during application processing. Only admitted applicants are required to send official test scores.

@veeeeeeer I’d recommend calling, since I remember seeing similar wording last year but after calling being told that they required official scores to be sent from the CollegeBoard.

Has anyone been contacted in text about joining a ZeeMee chat with current student?

2 Likes

Yeah, I have

Only when admitted

i haven’t

What is this text about? Does it have any connection with admitting a student?

@Gumbymom Do you know if counselors need to send the UC portal the mid year report? I know they do for common app but wasn’t sure with UC since they calc Soph-Jr GPAs, etc. thx!

@MommaLue: The UC’s do no accept or consider Mid-year transcripts unless specifically requested by a campus for a supplemental review.

2 Likes

If we have changes to our course schedule for the second/spring semester, do we have to notify them and if so, how? I was also wondering what other UCs require that we notify them

@thegenius1:

If there are changes to your academic record:
If you change schools, add or drop a course, or fail to earn a C or better in a course after you submit your application, you must notify the campuses you’ve applied to (all campuses except UC Berkeley). If you receive an offer of admission, be sure to confirm with the campus admission office that they are aware of the deficient grade or schedule changes.

Keep in mind: We cannot guarantee that a campus can go back to review an application after correspondence has been received. Make sure to save a copy of your correspondence just in case.

Campus instructions & websites for reporting changes:

• Berkeley will not accept post-submission updates. Any updates that are sent will not be considered in the application reading process.
  • Davis
  • Irvine
  • Merced - click on “myCourseUpdate” link
  • UCLA
  • Riverside
  • San Diego - Updates accepted starting in mid-December. Please wait until you receive your Applicant Portal login instructions.
  • Santa Barbara will not accept post-submission updates. Any updates that are sent to our office will not be considered in the application reading process.
  • Santa Cruz

https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/applying-as-a-freshman/after-you-apply/#:~:text=%20What%20to%20do%20after%20you%20apply%20,decision%2C%20generally%20by%20March%2031.%20%20More%20

1 Like