*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

Thank you. Kids have gone through a lot this year and many have checked out of high school, just waiting on college decisions at this point. The added stress of having to take AP exams their senior year is probably not worth it. My son for one is suffering from senioritis and would not even consider taking AP exams for the college credit - he would rather take the course in college!

When in doubt, I would submit the update to college about not taking AP exams just to cover the base.

1 Like

Agree 100%. S21 is scheduled to take 4 AP exams, but I think he will skip 1-2 of them.

First off, due to the revised AP schedule, if our district opts for online exams only, they’ll be taking them during their GRADUATION WEEK. Ugh. Second, our school changed their instructional model and crammed a full year of AP exams into first semester, so there’s going to be learning loss on a group of kids who are already checked out. Third, it turns out that a couple of the exams won’t make much difference in his AP credits (physics 2 is pretty much worthless at any school).

I’m not going to force him to take them - and he can email whatever school he ends up choosing.

1 Like

@stressed2study At our school, #1-2 were waitlisted. A couple top 10’s got in to UCLA. The ones that got in absolutely deserved their acceptance and I felt they were much more well-rounded, in addition to top stats.

1-2 may have a better chance from our school at Cal who tends to pick more of the stats kids from our school.

I am OOS, so this is important info for me. Does this mean I have a higher likelihood of getting picked off of waiting list? I hope so. If yield is lower than usual among OOS, which I think it will be, then I have a chance.

Actually no, since the UC’s have capped the # of enrolled OOS and International students, so your chances off the waitlist would be dependent upon how many OOS students actually enroll. If the UC’s meet the cap target, then the waitlisted OOS students will not be admitted.

And sporadic word of mouth on a forum is? I see the same pattern on Naviance (limited to my kid’s high school).

1 Like

Yes, this is what I meant to say. I think fewer than the usual percentage of OOS students will actually enroll. I say this because the total OOS student population hasn’t gone up by 45%. Instead, the usual number of OOS students applied to more colleges than usual. That means we can expect higher-than-usual declines from OOS students.

I didn’t say that CC was a complete dataset to rely upon. However, CC is likely a far better statistical sample than paid Compass users on USNWR.

Unfortunately, the waitlist data does not break out in-state vs. OOS vs. International. I posted the 2020, 2019 and 2018 waitlist stats on this discussion thread. *UCB Freshman Class of 2025 Waitlist and Appeal discussion*

interesting how different schools work differently

Do we know when they’ll be releasing decisions?

March 25 at 5 Pm PST

5 Likes

What’s this about LOR?

Is the 5pm confirmed?

I don’t think you can draw that conclusion. Top universities saw huge increases in apps this year. For ex. Harvard’s app went up 50%+, Cornell’s 36%, etc. and UCLA is no different. In-state apps didn’t go up as much because there simply isn’t as much room for growth since the majority of competitive in-state students already apply to UCLA and UCB anyway.

1 Like

Does anyone know the statistics on how many people applied to UCs and got accepted? I saw the list somewhere around here, but I can’t seem to find it again.

Apps/admitt/enroll by university: Freshman fall admissions summary | University of California. Admissions source by school: Admissions by source school | University of California

2 Likes

Admitted information not yet available since UCB still has not posted decisions.

2 Likes

Interesting. Amazing how low yield rates are, but that makes sense given how many schools students apply to these days. Does anyone know if the “admit” rate includes those admitted off the wait list or is it the first cut admit number?

The email that was sent to applicants stated “late afternoon or early evening” Pacific time. So I would venture to guess 3-6pm time frame.