*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

There is definitely a large measure of subjectivity involved.

1 Like

I am soooo nervous, where could someone chance me for Berkeley? I know we are not supposed to do it on these threads.

I’m sure this link has been posted here, but if you need something to obsess over until tomorrow’s notificationsUC Admissions by CA High Schools:

3 Likes

Same with me
Hahah

1 Like

Yeah we would just be guessing! Especially this year. But the best of luck!! Do you have some other solid choices that you are excited about?

Thats true. My D is waitlisted at most of the UCs. UCLA (waitlisted), UCSD (Waitlisted), UCI (Waitlisted), UCD (Regent accepted). Hoping to hear some good news from Cal tomorrow !

2 Likes

Congrats on UCD!

1 Like

Yea for sure my top right now is UC Davis. I got into UCI, UCSC, UCR, UCSB, waitlisted at UCSD and did not apply to UCLA. The problem is I do not know my UC “new GPA” with their calculation system, I took 10 APs and have had straight As all since high school (no Bs in regular or AP classes). My unweighted would be a 4.00. I applied as an economics major and French was my first language, I took 4 years of Spanish, 9 years of Mandarin, and 1 year of Latin. I also attend a French-american high school and will be receiving BOTH high school diplomas. Because of this I took a lot more classes than the average public school student (12 classes as opposed to 6 or 7.)

3 Likes

Sounds fantastic! Good luck tomorrow and let us know!!

2 Likes

Weird year. Regents at Davis and waitlisted at UCSC seems odd. One of my sons was waitlisted at UCSC too, pretty unexpectantly

Yes, this year is weird from all aspects. She is wailisted at UCSD not UCSC. She got accepted to UCSC with regents again

1 Like

Still odd.

Now she is more afraid of getting waillisted than getting rejected :smiley:

1 Like

Congrats on UCD

They all have a chance. I actually know 5 kids at our school with that GPA (not IB, though), but 12+ AP’s, 4.6 UC Weighted Full, 4.0 UW, 3-4 community college classes, national awards, research, internships, active non-profit. UCB is a reach for all of them (except for one who is already in the Berkeley MET program as of Feb).

@school25 Congrats!! Regents at UCD is $$$$!

Thanks, It is $30K (regents) and $12K (Middle Class Scholarship)

3 Likes

Good luck to all tomorrow. D in at UCD, UCSD, UCSB, and waitlisted at UCLA. I hope it works out for everyone.

1 Like

Is the portal rumor on reddit true?

What’s the portal rumor?