*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

so congrats!!

Don’t read too much into it man. It isn’t a rejection till the decision letter explicitly states it. Best of luck for Northwestern and every other pending decision.

Thanks a lot man. Hope this is right.

hmm welp I probably got rejected cuz it shows unauthorized, it has been tough with so many rejections but I am happy for y’all

1 Like

First UCLA and now my dream school Berkeley. Oh well, i’ll have to make one of the schools I got into home for the next four years. Good luck to y’all with wherever you end up. You will all do great things!

Ugh I loved this school for the longest time. I didn’t really think I cared that much about my decision, but this hurts

Got into UCLA and am seeing the error message for Berkeley. Would much rather attend UCLA over Berkeley anyways. Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

Was waitlisted at UCLA and getting the “not authorized” message.
Berkeley was my last hope. I guess not. It hurts a lot to let it go like this.

does anyone know if acceptance rates for UCLA are lower than Berkeley this year? i got accepted to UCI and UCLA and idk if i have a chance at Berkeley

Guys, please keep in mind that this doesn’t necessarily mean anything at all. It just serves to make everyone even more anxious.

Even if it does, they might be uploading it in waves, so somebody getting unauthorized could still get in.

2 Likes

I had this same exact go around with Stanford ED and UT honors. Stanford’s was getting rid of the address of people rejected and UT honors was not emailing everyone in the morning who got rejected. Of course it could all be a farce, but it has happened to me before.

I am here observing. Every year someone comes up with a theory based on what they see on the portal prior to decisions can predict your actual decision. Every year it is proven wrong so just sitting back and letting you guys have your fun. Best of luck to all and the best predictor of your decision will be the real decision posted today.

10 Likes

But they’re not wrong usually :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Were there indicators like these last year that were disproven?

Let’s try this to see if it resembles Berkeley’s traditional accept/waitlist/reject rate. Keep in mind things are going to be skewed because CC tends to have people at the upper end of competitiveness rather than the lower.

If you click withdraw and it says “unauthorized,” react :one:
If you click withdraw and it says “I wish to withdraw from further consideration,” react :two:
If you click withdraw and it says “I will not come to Berkeley and wish to withdraw,” react :three:

1 Like

There are always exceptions to the rule since not every applicant will post on CC or Reddit, so no way to know for sure. UCB has been at this much longer than all you applicants. I am sure they know exactly what they are doing.

5 Likes

What little marginal barely existent hope has now trickled out of me​:joy::sob: whateverr

1 Like

Yeah based on the number of 1s versus 2 and 3s indicate our prediction are correct.

2 Likes

The stanford one was kind of shocking considering you would think these schools would of figured out these bugs by now. But alas!

4 Likes

Every year there are so called “indications” and every year they are disproved. The UCSD posters came up with forms theory this year and again students got accepted without the so called important criteria. CC is not representative of the applicant pool, just because several posters get accepted and have these indicators doesn’t mean all will have the same decision.

6 Likes

Can u find out without clicking onto the withdraw button? At this point, I really don’t want to click a withdraw button - period.

2 Likes