*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

via text.

Ok, but not considered at all for out of state student applicants? In other words, is there any reason for an out of state applicant to send them, and is it even possible… I think it was grayed out on the ACT order form.

@jaycbee: You can send SAT/ACT test scores or self-report them on the UC application but for admission decisions, they will not be considered. For the other reason’s posted above they will be considered. This is not specific for in-state vs. OOS vs. International applicants (except for ELC eligibility for CA HS students). If you did not already send them, I would wait until you are accepted and enrolled before spending money to send them.

1 Like

Can you please chance me for UC Berkeley L&S Cs

In state Male
UC capped gpa 4.13
UC uw 3.8
Uc gpa 4.5

ACT 34 in one sitting
Math 2 SAT 800

Year round swimmer, varsity level swimming in school.
In sophomore year did John’s Hopkins engineering innovation program

In Junior year did research under a renowned professor on nanoparticles.

Volunteer hours in tech museum.
President of robotics club in school.

Awards 4 time AIME qualifier
USACO GOLD.

Forgot to mention, 11 APs till the end of senior year and all engineering PLTW courses
Introduction to engineering
Digital electronics

Did multivariable from community college in junior year and linear algebra in senior year

@Supergirl77: You look like a competitive applicant and since test scores are not a consideration, your academics, EC’s and personal insight essays will carry more weight. UCB should be considered a Reach school regardless of your qualifications but it is a Reachable Reach school for you. Best of luck.

Record number of applicants this year, by a lot
Berkeley news

Just keeping the fingers crossed

1 Like

When does Berkeley usually send out regents invitations?

Is a 4.27 capped UC GPA competitive for in state?

Here is some UCB GPA stats to help you compare:
Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 4.20 or above capped weighted and not major specific:
UCB: 38%

2020 UC capped weighted GPA averages along with 25th-75th percentile range:
UCB: 4.22 (4.13-4.30)

I wonder if those numbers will change with the surge of applicants - will be interesting.

1 Like

@parent-21: The overall acceptance rate will decrease and I foresee the admitted GPA range to increase since the emphasis will be more on the GPA since all UC’s are test blind. We shall see.

3 Likes

So do you think that L&S CS is long shot for me.
UC capped 4.13 and UC weighted 4.5

1 Like

As an applicant who took more classes than my peers, I never understood why they would look at capped GPA that starts to decrease, no matter how many APs/DEs are taken, as number of courses increase. Do you have any thought on this issue?

I have the exact same UC weighted as you so it def depends on course selection

@Supergirl77: Your overall application will be reviewed so GPA alone does not determine you chances, although UC’s tend to be very GPA focused. Your GPA is in range to be competitive. UC admissions tend to be unpredictable and with the UC’s being test blind even more so. UCB should be considered a Reach school so at this point all you can do is wait for a decision and hopefully you applied to broad range of schools where you will several options from which to choose in the Spring.

Below are the updated Freshman admit rates overall and for CA residents:

2020 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19 capped weighted and not major specific Overall:
UCB: 14%

2020 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19 capped weighted CA residents:
UCB: 16%

UCB Freshman Fully weighted GPA range: 4.27-4.62

2 Likes

I have all honors and AP classes and multivariable calculus from community college

My fully weighted and capped weighted also have disparities lol (4.62 Weighted and 4.14 Capped)…

By fully weighted you means 10-11 for UCs

1 Like