*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

Hmm strange. I think you’ve a good application. Even I applied for CS at uiuc gtech purdue and all and got in from India

idk all i know is that my icse friends who got into top us unis had 98+. They also made sure to take 5-6 Aps and 2 subject sats.

does anyone know when decisions will come out?

1 Like

My friend got into UCLA with a 90% in 10th and a 65% in 11th. 1300 SAT and no other big test scores.

Lol I have a similar friend. And I was waitlisted for CS

yeah but these are one off cases. they always exist

98%+? Dude I know a guy who got into CalTech with a 95.4% in 10th.

i mean i have no idea whats a good score. I’m just talking with respect to the people i know

Maybe its the fact that I dont have a 98%. Who knows? Cannot fix it now.

I didn’t do SAT subject tests, APs and had a steady 93% average in school cumulatively isc ( higher in certain subjects lile 98-100 in the social sciences) 95 in 10th boards, 97 in 11th and idk about 12th and still got into UCSD, Cal Poly SLO, WL at UCLA and got into a lot of other super competitive schools. I had decent but strong ECs ( nothing huge). So anything is possible.

if you look at his app, stats are the only thing he lacks. He has really good ecs, essays and his teachers love him. Therefore, i just assumed that its his stats which pulled him down.

Yessss. We are damn lucky.

Do you guys think someone who got in EA to GT Engineering, Purdue Engineering, Michigan Engineering + Ross, and UIUC Engineering has a good chance at Berkley Engineering as an OOS student? Just tryna figure out where I stand.

Maybe but his stats seems pretty competitive to me. ucs dont consider 9th anyway, which was his lowest so

I got 98.8 in 10th boards and then 94 in 11th. Got waitlisted at UCLA and now expecting a rejection at UCB, if the indicators are actually true

Yea ik. Grade deflation at its best lol. I was top 15 in 350 kids with that score.

1 Like

are you able to withdraw your app?

out of all his other things, his stats are the least competitive thing. so it makes logical sense that its the reason.

1 Like

yeah it’s the “coming to Berkley” version

I had grade deflation for 10th english language? I usually yet 95+ and they gave me an 80 in boards? Pulled down my whole average :sob: