*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

Was this posted today?

yeah I will try and get a link

By later this week, do they mean Friday?

Admissions Bulletin for Counselors (Archive) (berkeley.edu) Here is the link… Press on the date Feb 9 from the drop down menu

3 Likes

Maybe. Could be Thursday or even tomorrow.

1 Like

I just read the admissions bulletin and it sounds exciting. But I’m wondering how the UC systems knows what race we are and/or our ethnicity since it’s not on the application. So how do they ensure diversity?

Don’t you put it on your application? I thought there was a box check?

Have a lot of international applicants recieved these awards? I’m an intl applicant but domestic citizen and I was wondering if I had any chance at all historically

1 Like

You do put race on the application but it is only for informational purposes. They are not allowed, by law, to use the information for evaluating/accepting students.

1 Like

So people who are not involved in deciding whether or not a student is admitted can look at the stats and create bulletins and press releases, right?

yes. And their goal is diversity so they keep track and try to achieve it by other means than evaluating applicants that way.

Ummm… so ya

UC Berkeley Regents (most likely) coming out today! from r/ApplyingToCollege

Here’s a link: Reddit - Dive into anything

1 Like

The page doesnt load for me :confused:

Same

General q to all

Have a lot of international applicants recieved these awards? I’m an intl applicant but domestic citizen ( instate) and I was wondering if I had any chance at all historically

It is a Berkeley student saying their friend in the financial aid office told them it was today.

4 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/ApplyingToCollege/comments/lgwr3i/uc_berkeley_regents_most_likely_coming_out_today/

not sure how much I believe hearsay, but man it’s probably going to get my hopes up XD Friday cannot come sooner!

Historically no one has a good chance at Regents since it is usually the top 1-2% of applicants that are considered and they typically select around 200 applicants for the scholarship. When you have 112,820 Freshman applicants this year, the odds are not great.

3 Likes

are these numbers for the graduating UC classes of 2019, 2020, 2021 or HS graduating classes of 2019, 2020, 2021? I assume the former, since it is probably too early to know this year’s applicant numbers but asking just in case the 2021 numbers are actually this year’s applicant data.

High school graduating classes. They know how many applicants they have for this year, 2021. It is a record number.