*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

I feel for you. One of our twins made it, but the other got waitlisted. Both have 4.0 UW GPA from a supercompetitive school, 13/14 AP courses, published research articles, Coursera courses, and both were Robotics design co-lead and co-drivers, etc. I wish both had made it.

UCLA CS instead of UCB undeclared L&S would make more sense. You still need to have 3.3 GPA after 3 prerequisite courses to declare for CS in UCB L&S and itā€™s a BA instead of UCLA BS in CS in the Engineering school.

3 Likes

A very proud SoCal Dad hereā€¦ my D is now 6 out of 6 on her UC applications (UCB, UCLA, UCSD, UCSB, UCI and UCD)ā€¦ Got CS at UCLA and UCDā€¦ UCB L&S, Data Science at UCSD, UCI and UCSBā€¦ Incredible results!! She has a tough choice to make the next few weeks!! Congrats to all who got accepted and Best of Luck to those who are waiting for the results!!

9 Likes

I have twins also. They should have accepted both of yours!

1 Like

Accepted

The rest: UC/D/R/I/SD/LA, Slo, Gtechā€¦and some othersā€¦
Laughed at: Stan

USC is leftā€¦but who caresā€¦prob little $$

Looks like D(regents) or Gtech.

So long folksā€¦Been niceā€¦

1 Like

waitlisted as the withdrawal predicted. ig UCLA here I come

1 Like

please pray for me to get off the waitlist at either ucla or berkeley

2 Likes

The same thing for my S21. Got into Berkeley, Waitlisted at UCLA, UCI and UCSD. Accepted to UCSB and UCD. So random. But every school looks for something different.

This guide might help you to make an informed decision between UCLA CS vs UCB undeclared L&Sā€¦
https://awe.berkeley.edu/2020/04/23/guide-to-declaring-cs/

1 Like

Just wanna seeā€¦

1 Like

BA vs BS in CS does not matter if weā€™re purely looking at the degree. Decide based on the breadth requirements

1 Like

my cali schools results

Accepted: Chico State, San Diego State
WL: UCD
Rejected: UCSD, UCI, UCB
3.85 UC, In-state

Accepted, OOS, 3.98 unweighted GPA, applied as ā€œintending major in Haasā€
Portal conspiracy was correct in my case

If no specific major is listed on the decision letter does that mean we were admitted as undeclared?

If youā€™re in as L&S I donā€™t think thereā€™s a specific major? Because you get into the college not the major, and then you declare it. But pls confirm that it just says L&S and not the major bc now Iā€™m scared lol

1 Like

Agreedā€¦

ā€œThere is no difference in the CS course content between the BS and BA programs. The difference is in what else you take: mainly engineering, or mainly humanities and social sciences.ā€

2 Likes

Mine simply says L&S but I applied for psych

Rejected

Thank you, yes, 3.3GPA is an issue but given excellent UCB CS program I am leaning towards taking the risk. talking to folks I learned BA or BS does not matter, anyways CS is part of EECS department at Berkeley

2 Likes

Donā€™t lose heart. You worked hard and youā€™ll thrive in the college you end up with! Iā€™m an unlucky international, rejected by cal and LA and postponed by UMich btw. Iā€™m putting myself together right now for the schools that have offered me a seat, UCSD included. Iā€™ll be a successful triton!!

2 Likes