*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

DS Accepted In-State!
EECS
4.0/4.3/4.6
Accepted at UCSB, UCSD, UCD, Cal Poly SLO, waitlisted at UCLA

2 Likes

OOS rejected, Letters & Science. 3.8 UW, 4.6 fully weighted. Leadership in social justice, plays several instruments, artsy/creative type. Thought a good fit for UCB, but maybe they only want engineers these days, lol? Accepted UCLA, UCSB, UCD. Congrats to all who got in.

1 Like

Congratulations, yes, if you get 3.3 GPA in 61A/61B/CS70 you are guaranteed to declare CS, no lottery/merit, etc.
I confirmed this with the Department advisor last week

1 Like

But I heard all cs classes and professors in cal are same no matter BS or BA. Does anyone have insights on this?

Were you guys getting the same message on the withdraw form yesterday, and say, a month ago? Iā€™m a transfer student anxiously waiting for my decision and Iā€™m getting the ā€œā€¦further considerationā€ thing when I click withdraw but decisions donā€™t come out for another month.

The College of L&S does not admit by major. You can list your intended major, but you are admitted Undeclared and then need to declare your major after taking the pre-req courses.

1 Like

accepted, WOOO! Iā€™m happy but I have a question: Why didnt I receive financial aid? I have to pay over 30k a year despite having an efc of 663 and being instate. UCLA offered me fin aid but not Berkeley. Is this happening to anyone?

Interesting that they are still asking for SEED applicants. They offered it to early admits and turned some of those applicants away.

SEED scholarship was a new program at UCB last year. They had great plans but then the pandemic forced them to change everything.

Yes, professors are exact same, EECS department has two majors, EECS and CS, so infact CS is a shared EECS dept. major!!
Sister is senior in EECS so it is first hand info, I am likely to join UCB L&S and intend to major CS

Go where you think you have the best chance of getting a competitive GPA for Medical school and thrive academically and socially. All 3 are excellent options so where would you want to spend 4 years?

1 Like

Head on over here to the waitlist discussion: *UCB Freshman Class of 2025 Waitlist and Appeal discussion*

1 Like

A few reasonsā€¦ Her heart was set on a CA school. Her dad and I are UW alums and while one would think sheā€™d follow our footsteps; she felt the school culture and size was too big/more distractions for her. UCSD was actually her 3rd choice but it came down to location (not a big partier), class size, accessibility of professors, and market readiness. Her dad working for a big-tech and in the software/product development side might have also had a little influence on her decision too.:blush:

1 Like

Yeah I got inā€¦ lolā€¦

For portal astrology stats lol, daughter accepted, message #3 I think (the one we thought was acceptance).

1 Like

Same situation here with SEED application. The description actually says March 13 was interview date. Does this mean they still have open spots. Thanks.

I would contact the Financial aid department to make sure it is not a mistake. You should be getting similar aid from all the UCā€™s.

1 Like

I am proud to say my D21 will be a Golden Bearā€¦4.4 UW GPA, 8 APs and all honors, most rigorous courses available at her HS, in-state, and no ECā€™s besides team captain competitive athletically in her sport, but not recruited. I donā€™t know how her essay wasā€¦didnā€™t let us read itā€¦lolā€¦but said it was good. Congrats to the Class of 2025 - I am humbled and proud.

6 Likes

Daughter rejected. Unauthorized. Prediction true. Iā€™m shocked though that Cal let that one slip through. Too bad.

Accepted: UCLA, Cal Poly SLO, UCI, UCSD, UCD, UCSC, UCR, SDSU, CCP
Rejected: UCSB, Harvey Mudd

Congratulations and good luck to everyone! :blush:

1 Like

Congrats kingcody69! Is it L&S CS or L&S undeclared?

1 Like

Congrats to future Golden Bears! (i am eating some crow. i guessed that the portal withdraw issue was bogus. sorry!).
QUESTION: For those of you who got in, how would you rate your short answer essays on your application? I know you may have not much to compare to, but I am convinced they helped my son a lot last year (GPA and SAT werenā€™t stellar).