UC Berkeley Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

The enrollment freeze was resolved before the decisions, so they prolly already add those additional spots initially back in March.

They must send another wave guys dw. Also, they havenā€™t accepted any in-state student yet, which makes me believe that there is a BIG wave coming in the next few days

2 Likes

Not yet

Glitches?

I donā€™t think we will see any glitches they probably fixed them and learned their lesson from last yearā€¦ itā€™s just the waiting game now

2 Likes

Someone please explain the waitlist glitch.

Today afternoon, I called the admissions office regarding when waitlists will come out and the representative said that decisions will be released no later than mid-summer. To be more specific then I asked whether applications have already been reviewed and he said that if you have not yet heard back then applications are still in review

5 Likes

So if your application was reviewed but they didnā€™t admit you, they would let you know?

we heard the same answer when we talked to admissions office. However, mid summer is awfully long wait - is that like last week of June? Itā€™s going to be very painful if they really mean it. Time to move on and live life. If there is a nice surprise at the end, we will take it.

10 Likes

If you go to the MAP portal and click on the FAQ, if it redirects you to the admitted students Questions, youā€™re admitted!

idt anyone has had it this year tho?

I think this year all UCs extend their wl review timešŸ¤”

But UCLA started releasing much earlier than normalā€¦.from April 15th itself!! So there is a disconnect thereā€¦

Can you pls share a screen shot?

1 Like

does that mean that if youā€™re rejected you get an email about it immediately like you wouldnā€™t have to wait until admissions close?

No, they will send you email until the whole wl process is overā€¦

1 Like

that is very emotionally consuming lol

3 Likes

letā€™s just hope that is the case

Do appeal decisions come out later than waitlist decisions?

Iā€™m gonna assume that theyā€™re still working on waitlist decisions if appeal decisions havenā€™t even come out yet at this point. Theyā€™re probably still reviewing the applicant pool or I can hope that they are because they would have sent out appeals by now if they were finished Iā€™m guessing?