UC Berkeley Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

I just feel very confused is that if they don’t have too many available seats, why don’t they release part of the rejections as UCSD does? :frowning:

I think that’s a tradition of how ucb treats wl. Even they have small amounts of seats, they also notify us at the last minute.

2 Likes

BUT that’s too STRUGGLING!! :(((

4 Likes

I called today morning about the waitlists. They responded that they have not closed the waitlist window yet. They are still reviewing applications and said that we are trying to release decisions “ASAP” once they get through appeals together.

13 Likes

Thanks for letting us know!

Still on the waitlist for SD For engineering. (No updates from Berkeley WL as well)
Just got accepted UCI Engineering undeclared (but more likely to decline)

Asian Male Bay area
UC GPA 4.5 , 10 APs and 5’s on 5 exams so far
Did COSMOS @UCI online last year
ACT 35

3 Likes

Which college are u going to if u don’t mind?

1 Like

They over enrolled again, they gon release the rejections fasho lol.

if they over enrolled then they can just reject every waitlist and appeal applicants right away. Why do they bother to take this long to review the pool?

Cuz that’s what they do every year? Lol

yeah i feel you, but i think its due to the fact that they stated they’ll review every application equally no matter what. If they don’t do so they could risk being sued due to injustice to due so, as well as discrimination. But i totally agree i wish they’d just tell us already.

Is it normal for appeals to be processed before waitlist? Seems backwards.

Have you seen decisions on appeals from Berkeley?

I may have misunderstood this;

1 Like

Waitlists and appeals operate totally differently. They have to read the appeals because there may be some new and compelling information that would have made a borderline applicant admitted. For WL applicants, you just need to sit tight and hope a spot opens up for your major

I hope they release the decision before June comes…

2 Likes

@Lborges111803 Just appeals or waitlists as well? Did they confirm this? Thank you

Berkeley just released freshmen WL decisions a while ago! Good luck to you all.

Where did you hear this?

That was for international students, not for in-state.