UC Berkeley Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Oh my bad I thought I included it.
Urban Studies major.

2 Likes

Today’s June 15. Hope something happens

6 Likes

I just called admission, they say waitlist decisions are reviewed case by case and there could be some waitlist decisions coming today but they aren’t releasing it until second week of August

1 Like

how were you able to contact admissions? i thought they were closed on wednesdays.

1 Like

They have an active zoom link

got it, thank you! would you mind sending the zoom link here?

1 Like

Is there a benefit to contacting them. Are we
Just showing continued interest or is there something specific you are asking. Do they ask for your name when you chat with them?

How do we know the person who respond is an authorized admission officer, not some student temp worker who gives a generic response ? e.g. Some decisions may be coming. Some not. Please continue to wait.

Governor Newsom promised more seats for California kids. How many of you start to think that was just empty promise?

3 Likes

Second week of august seems too late as that is when students move into housing. I hope it’s not that late when everyone gets notifications.

2 Likes

Looks like the UC’s are still negotiating with Newsom. This is from an article in the UCSD Guardian 5/30/22:

https://ucsdguardian.org/2022/05/30/new-california-budget-proposes-funding-boost-for-uc-csu-and-california-community-colleges/

"While the UCs are supposed to increase the number of California seats by 6,230 for Fall 2022, they are negotiating with Newsom. They have agreed to add 2,000 more California students each year from 2023-24 through 2026-27, with around 15% of the growth at UC Berkeley, UC San Diego, and UCLA. The three UCs will reduce their number of out-of-state and international students by 900 students each year. The UCs also would increase their four-year graduation rates from 72.6% to 76% by 2030 and also better track graduation rates for students with disabilities. "

5 Likes

That is why they keep us waiting! If 6230 additional seats become reality after negotiating with Newsom, we are all in !! Nah, too good to be true. Politician.

5 Likes

Probably anyone admitted by then is FPF or flat out rejected. Honestly the admissions office has its head between its legs, it doesn’t know what it’s doing at all.

I sent an email to the admissions office from the Contact Berkeley in portal last week, and they replied to me that they anticipate sending out responses up until the end of July.

I’m just wondering if you guys on the UC Berkeley waitlist have all been accepted to all the mid tier UC’s?

My son has been accepted to UCSB, UCI and UCD

1 Like

The ones I applied to, yes. LA and SD.

Ucla- rejected
Uci, uc davis accepted - declined offer
Ucsd and ucb -waitlisted

1 Like

What is your fall back in case Ucsd or Berkeley doesn’t deliver?

Congrats on UCLA. I think to some people, UCLA undergrad is better than UCB undergrad.

2 Likes