UC Berkeley Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Did anyone get an update on UCB waitlist yesterday, 6/15?

UCLA makes you go through the Physics, Math etc for many semesters. You probably want to put all your energy into the Major subjects than go through a repeat of the high school courses at a more advanced level. The sum total of your energy is constant, better used where it will matter later.

Fallback is A liberal arts school in Boston which gave a partial scholarship. I am honestly surprised how long UCs expect us to wait. We have to apply for visas and even pay first semester fees to the other school.

1 Like

Hi Andy, you declined Irvine and Davis offers for a liberal arts school in Boston ? Personally I would have taken the offers from these fine UC schools. But I admit UCB / UCLA is our dream school and that is why we are still waiting no matter how ridiculous it has been.

Did anyone get off yesterday? It was highly anticipated.

This is very true. Not sure about the repeat part, but Engineering requires all students to go through at least 2 full years of math (2 quarters calculus, 2 quarters multivariable calculus, and linear algebra and diff eq) and a full year oof physics. I’m lucky to be getting some transfer credit so I can start getting to my majors classes faster.

UCD: rej
UCI: rej
UCR: wl → withdraw
UCSD: wl → reject
UCLA: additional supp ->rej
UCSB: rej
UCB: wl → withdraw
UCSC: didn’t apply
UCM: didn’t apply

major: engineering, think the most competitive one

Did anyone else get the option to join the Fall Program for Freshmen (upon being admitted) before they opted into the waitlist?

yess

What major did you apply with?

This is a super random question, but was this always green?

1 Like

I believe so

UCSD closed their waitlist on friday. I guess UCB is the last UC left now with an open waitlist…

UCLA is still open for some . . .

1 Like

It used to be gray, but I don’t think it is a reference for anything!
Mine changed to green as well!

1 Like

Mine used to be gray too, it probably changed recently.

1 Like

I got the fpf stuff and I applied for marine science under CLS

1 Like

only around 3 people are going to get off the waitlist this year. I’m just going to give up hope and forget about this whole thing. Berkeley is messed up for giving us false hope

5 Likes

i wish they wrapped everything up early :((

2 Likes

They could be doing this to us so that they are not overloaded with appeals. (We are on the borderline and I guess more likely to appeal when rejected) By joining the waitlist, we gave up the right to appeal. I will think about this next time I pay the CA state income tax. What a fun 6 month ride.

1 Like