UC Berkeley Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

I read it from a lecturer at Berkeley CS department saying that they planned to only enroll 150 L&S CS intended majors this year, instead of 450 like in previous years. And they seem to agree that Berkeley is doing this intentionally to freshman applicants who selected L&S CS, so the major won’t be as impacted to let more Berkeley students switch into the major.

If this is regarding the Reddit article, I heard that administration has not yet approved of any changes to the current CS policy for in- coming Freshman this year.

Anyone know if there’s a way to check how many FPF spots are left?

5 Likes

The COE published stats are even worse. This is what the prospective freshman section of the COE site says.

For the 2021–22 academic year, there were 25,451 freshman applicants to the College of Engineering and 7.6% were admitted.

The policy change isn’t approved yet but if I was applying this fall I would anticipate to do so as a direct to major. It’s inevitable imo given all the issues that were captured quite well in the proposal document.

1 Like

from what ive found: last yr was 10th of may, before 8, then 7, 7, 5
there is no trend in days, ig it would be friday or monday

4 Likes

Has anyone been cleared off the waitlist yet for UCB?

I saw on reddit that someone said the first wave at the beginning of may is only for international or oos students off the waitlist and then the second wave in late may is for in state students off the waitlist? Does anyone know if in previous years this was true?

1 Like

This year’s trend looks very quiet

Maybe they just didn’t start yet…?

1 Like

Any idea when appeal *acceptances * were released last year? I know rejections came out June.

2 Likes

Has Berkeley released any waitlist decisions yet? International / OOS / IS?

Or has anyone had any portal glitches yet like last year?

(Like when the FRQ link changes / you can log into Cal Central / withdraw message changes)

My withdrawal form says : I am no longer interested in attending UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application.

3 Likes

Ok mine too!

So…Is that good?

Nah that’s what it’s supposed to say, apparently if it changes to “I will not be coming to UC Berkeley…” then it’s indicative of an incoming acceptance

Do you have to click on the withdrawal form link to see this?

Yes it won’t withdraw you unless you actually check the box and submit it (be careful though lol)

If waitlisted people press the “Explore Housing Options” on the right side of the portal under “Helpful Links” does it give a 404 error?