UC Berkeley Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

No. Still waiting

Itā€™s Friday and they havenā€™t release any wl acceptance, I think this might be a bad sign just like last yearā€¦

1 Like

I have got waitlisted for UCB and GT for chemical engineering, but none of them has released acceptances. It seems like this year, including students who deferred their uni last year due to covid, the enrollment rate is high for rigorous universities.

1 Like

Berk always releases decisions in the 2nd week of May, no?

3 Likes

For the past 2 years, it is

1 Like

Yeah and I believe the past 2 years were the lowest acceptance rate for wlā€¦ itā€™s so frustrating not hearing back from any of the schools I got waitlisted and I canā€™t even focusing on studying for APs.

1 Like

where did you see it?

So before 3 years it was the first week of may?

For class of 2023, it was 5.6

Ucsd also has not had any movementā€¦only time will tell! Good luck to all.

4 Likes

Was anyone offered a Changemaker option this year for WL? I know that was a thing last year and lots of people got off if they opted in, but this year Iā€™ve only heard of people been offered the potential to be in FPF

1 Like

Glitches?

I donā€™t know if Iā€™m just hallucinating. Iā€™ve looked at all the trends from the previous two years, and in the past at this point in time, everyone was talking about it, but this year it seems really quiet.

1 Like

Yeah no glitches at all

Maybe they waitlisted less students this year?

1 Like

Hope sošŸ„²

2 Likes

wasnā€™t almost everyone given the opportunity to opt in the fpf/changemakers program this year?

i got fpf but im assuming that every l&s applicant got the same, correct me if Iā€™m wrong

1 Like

It depends on major

1 Like

I read in another thread online that apparently waitlisted students were categorized into quartiles. I checked my email and map portal, and I couldnā€™t find any ā€œquartileā€ assignment made for me. Am I the only one?