UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

you are good. no need to worry. would you mind sharing some of your stats please?

1 Like

To those who are accepted, what deadline do you have to accept the offer? Just asking to relate to when waitlist offers could start rolling in though it seems the chances of getting in waitlist are really low. We are from Canada and son was admitted into waterloo engineering with coop and it seems waterloo and berkeley ratings are very close for mechanical engineering so probably not worth the 3-4 times cost even if we get into waitlist but trying to keep all options open till the end.

1 Like

May 1 is the deadline to accept UCB.

Last year UCB only took 44 admits from the waitlist and the were notified through out June. The Waitlist closed on July 9.

1 Like

My daughter isn’t sure yet, she is just happy to be accepted. But it sounds like a great program, and the priority class registration sure would be nice to have. Is yours applying?

1 Like

1st post and thank you, @Gumbymom @lkg4answers and everyone !

Accepted to ucb LS CS, ucla cs and other UCs
And a few oos CS as backup

Go bears !

@worriedmomucb - I am now really worried :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It does sound like a great program! My daughter is going to apply although it sounds like a long shot. If I understand it correctly they only accept 50 students. I have no idea how many invitations are sent out. But it does seem like an amazing opportunity. Good luck to your daughter.

same, got into ucb l&Scs. hope to see you next year

1 Like

Is there any downside of waiting till May 1st deadline to commit? Any experience in this matter… would appreciate it. (Areas top of mind are housing, any first come enrollment etc)

Thanks. She hasn’t decided yet. She chose CS, Business, and Bio for her options and she can’t decide between software programming or healing people for $. :slight_smile:

Downside of waiting till May 1 is that you may run into computer issues where your enrollment deposit does not go through immediately and you miss the deadline. Also, you cannot apply for housing until you officially enroll and that deadline is May 2. If UCB is your top choice, there is no reason to delay enrolling.

3 Likes

is this referring to the SEED program? How do you know they only accept 50?

is the housing based on when you commit? earlier the better with more housing selections?

1 Like

No, not first come as long as you meet the May 2 deadline you are OK. You cannot sign up until you SIR so there may be a lag time upon enrolling and when the housing application becomes available. When it comes to college, learn to be proactive and not wait till the last minute on anything of importance.

2 Likes

My daughter said it was on the application

Does UCB send out any materials by mail for admitted students?

1 Like

does berk use a quarter or semester system

Berkeley is on a semester-based schedule

1 Like

Yes, last year students were sent a large glossy envelope with an I Am Berkeley folder,a congratulatory letter (same as the one online) and information for next steps to accept the offer. It also included some flyers meant for photo ops and social media posts.

2 Likes

waitlisted… go bruins!

1 Like

Sorry if this question was asked earlier. Our kids acceptance letter says this. Does this mean we are accepted to the first choice listed or the second choice or undeclared? No mention of any major accepted to in the letter.

“Congratulations, and welcome to he University of California, Berkeley! We are pleased to offer you admission to the College of Letters and Science, for hte fall semester of 2023.”