UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

You could try submitting a “Contact Berkeley Form” with your question (the link is on the right side of the portal in the questions & updates box).

1 Like

He emailed with FPF and he’s completed all the L and S breadth, per his transcript. He still needs to have his transcripts officially evaluated, but it looks like there’s not much he could take through FPF.

1 Like

Was he hoping to do FPF? If he’s not double majoring, minoring or trying to graduate early then he would be choosing to take a lot of classes for his pleasure anyway in order to get the minimum 13 full time units every semester. Have you mapped out a 4 year plan?

He was ambivalent about FPF. He may graduate early, double major, or do a 5th year masters. Nothing is off the table. If given the choice, he’d probably rather take classes he’s interested in than do a prescribed curriculum, but he wants to make sure he’s not being short sighted about FPF.

He will meet with his major adviser to map out a four year plan once his credit is assessed.

1 Like

I’ll add that a year ago Cal seemed pretty big and intimidating to me as a parent. It’s still big, but I think my son would have been ok starting on the main campus too, although we don’t regret FPF. Even if you and your son are feeling like FPF would have been a good fit for a smaller, slower start, main campus will be ok too.
In the past year my kid has impressed me by being more outgoing and putting himself out into college life more than I had previously given him credit for. :slight_smile: Go Bears!

3 Likes

i’ve tried doing that but i have yet to get a response and its been about 5 weeks now

1 Like

Hmm. The contact form says to expect a response in about 5-7 business days. If it’s been a long time, you could try calling on the phone during their posted hours: Contact Us - Office of Undergraduate Admissions

1 Like

You should be fine. My daughter was in a similar situation with her APs (Skipped 3) where she submitted the SIR first and got it cleared later by the AO. Just make sure the task gets moved off Cal Central correctly.

hey thanks! that’s good to know

I’m a Berkeley sophomore. i heard from my stats professor working near admissions that internal funding for FPF is likely lowering and not as many Berkeley professors will be involved with the program. don’t know if deadline to opt-in has passed, but probably some crucial info for deciding whether to opt-in or not.

A dose of Berkeley inspiration :slight_smile:

1 Like

any feeback on the L and S 2 unit summer online course? Exploring the liberal arts LS 101? is it helpful to take?

looks like people are starting to get housing assignments

4 Likes

Yep, my son just got his today.

3 Likes

Yes, son received housing offer. He got his first choice, so he’s happy!

2 Likes

My son got his - a residence hall double in Unit 3 - he’s happy with it.

1 Like

says the housing portal is down?

I think it gets overwhelmed with people accessing it. Try again in a bit.

oh my gosh! they need to upgrade on the server or something!

do the students get an email or they have to log in on housing portal?