UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

My son’s portal shows as undeclared and he applied under physics. I think that’s just how letters and sciences is.

1 Like

My son submitted transcripts through parchment and they show as processing, but he submitted one to two weeks ago.

1 Like

I applied for a high demand major and it is displayed in Calcentral.

2 Likes

My daughters transcripts show processing too but there was one she sent in May and it says “processing”?? does it take that long to process? it’s been over a month!

I guess so? It takes tome to assess credit correlation. One of my son’s has been in since May.

1 Like

My daughter is in L&S and she was admitted for a high demand major. Her Cal Central shows:

Letters & Sci Undeclared UG
Applied HD Global Studies

This we were told gives her the “place card holder” for the high demand major when she declares it.

Also regarding the transcripts sent but not received. If it was sent thru Parchment, go back to the email confirmation you got from Parchment. There will be a transmitted date and transaction ID number on there as well. You can place a case for a missing transcript with UCB by going into the task in Cal Central, click on the transcript that is not received and then click on the bottom “Learn more about electronic transcripts”, go to the bottom of the page under “Missing Transcripts”, click on “Missing Transcript Form” and input all the information. We did this for a transcript that we sent to UCB 2 months ago and they were showing it not received. we got a response that they found it an are now processing it. Do this only if more then 3 weeks have passed since it was sent to them.

3 Likes

L&S advising told us that all the transcripts and credits from them won’t be updated until November/December.

So as long as they show processing, consider your job done.

november/ December?? wow! well at least we know that they got and it’s processing!! was concerned but now i understand! thank you for the info

1 Like

question on class registration for incoming freshman, are they supposed to have all their classes in a shopping cart prior to the date and time?

1 Like

Yes have it ready in the shopping cart well ahead of time. Once your enrollment time starts, select all classes on the cart and hit Enroll.

1 Like

That’s odd. My daughter submitted her DE transcripts and they updated within 2 -3 weeks - her Cal Central already shows all her transfer credits from that. And I would think they would have to do it before class registration, no? Or how else would you be able to skip gen ed reqs, etc based on previously earned credit? That’s pretty frustrating if they don’t go through until next semester.

My daughter isn’t clear where to add the classes to shopping cart?? are they able to have multiple carts ready for plan B and C or just one?

Add all the classes of interest including your back ups to the shopping cart (there is only 1 cart). When the time comes, select all the first preference classes and hit Enroll. If you don’t get one of the classes (WL, class full etc.) then choose the back up and enroll to that class. Keep going until you are satisfied. Hope this helps.

Your daughter got lucky if they updated her DE already. My daughter was on a call with L&S yesterday and they repeated that it would take until November to get everyone updated (4000+or- students) but to make your best guess estimate on credits when making your schedules for the fall.

Also it is stated in the recorded webinar for L&S Degree Requirements from June 6th that is in the GBA webinars.

And yes it is frustrating guessing and not fully knowing but then again no AP’s give you credit for breadths and many prereqs for majors don’t allow AP credits either so not too much dependent on those credits and the DE are fairly straightforward to what they apply to with assist.org.

1 Like

Thank you. We submitted “missing transcript form” for 2 transcripts. One of them was by USPS mail with no tracking (Laurel Springs). Not sure how they are going to track this.

has anyone been able to access housing portal for move-in at foothills?

I don’t know about Foothill but my son who is in Unit 1 was able to select his move in time on Saturday.

son just got off waitlist for economics. Not clear from the letter if this is for econ as it just says Letters and Science. No mention of housing

2 Likes

The l&s letter is same for everyone. if your first choice was econ then you dont need to worry.

thanks !