UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

On CalCentral, are you supposed to see your major if you got admitted in a capped major?

1 Like

yes it will show under “My Academics” where it lists major. It will first say

Letters & Sci Undeclared UG
Applied HD “XXXX”

On my son’s portal it shows:

Undergrad Letters & Science

Letters & Sci Undeclared UG

No mention of the intended major, but this is my parent view.

what was your son’s first choice major when applied to the college?

Physics

It only shows up if it is high demand major.

2 Likes

Someone we know got in for Economics, but can’t see anything except Letters & Sci Undeclared UG. It makes no sense for them to have been accepted in L&S for anything but Econ because their alternate major was a major in College of Natural Resources. Is this a CalCentral error, or a worrying sign they didn’t get into Economics?

They’re in for Econ. You’re not in your major for letters and sciences until you declare. There’s no problem.

How does one sign up for a parent view? Thanks

My son set it up in his portal. He was able to give my husband and me delegate access so we could pay bills and whatnot. Here are instructions: Delegate Access | Student Information Systems

My son got a move in date(Aug 16). Does anyone know if the meal plan will be active from that day or will there be a delay in activating/using it?

We are local and don’t mind the 30 min drive but want DS to be independent after his move-in.

It will be active.

Did they contact l&s to sort this out? econ is high demand major. It should be there.

1 Like

All high demand majors are notated in their Cal Central as such and have a place holder for them when they do declare.

It should be in their Cal Central if they were accepted for a high demand major. They should contact admissions to confirm.

If accepted under a high demand major admissions would have sent out a separate email stating as such after acceptance by the students part.

The process is all new this year.

Is there a list of high demand majors?

Yes.

https://ls.berkeley.edu/ls-high-demand-majors-first-year-students

1 Like

I accepted offer last night (Econ 1st choice) and this is what I see under My Academics. Not even Undeclared. Based on other messages in thread, I should be seeing a placeholder for HD major. I’m hoping to talk to Admissions today but was was wondering if anyone else had experienced this ?

give it some time.

1 Like

I know others had similar questions bout HD major so fyi: I called admissions and using my Student ID, they were able to confirm I’m in Econ.

1 Like

Did any of the newly admitted students off the waitlist get access to advising form in Golden Bear advising yet?