UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

tuition is due August and for Spring semester, is it Dec or Jan?

According to this page, spring tuition is due in January. “Fees/tuition are typically due the Friday before the start of instruction.” https://registrar.berkeley.edu/tuition-fees-residency/tuition-fees/

1 Like

thank you! when would they be registering for Spring semester? Dec before winter break?

1 Like

Here is what I gathered from looking at previous years. It looks like phase 1 spring class registration is spread out over a couple of weeks in mid October to early November, with dates staggered by registration priority. Regents scholars, athletes, and DSP students (those who have registration priority accommodations) have highest priority (earlier dates), all other students’ registration priority is determined by number of semesters completed.

thats early! October

Well, it won’t be so early for most of our kids, since students in their 2nd semester have the lowest priority out of all the continuing students :slight_smile:

Unless they are Regents / athletes / DSP, they will be assigned phase 1 dates towards the end of the process, I’m guessing around the beginning of November?

Also, last year, enrollment appointments were assigned in CalCentral on September 26, so that’s probably a good estimate for when our students will be assigned their phase 1 dates. Phase 1 began for the highest priority students on Oct 17, and continued through Nov 6th. I got this information from looking back to last year’s dates on the enrollment calendar here: https://registrar.berkeley.edu/calendar/

For those interested, story posted today about the profile of the incoming class of 2027:

3 Likes

does anyone know what the $65 charge for Student Experience fee is ?

Did anyone else notice their Middle Class Scholarship amount increase? My son got almost 1K increase and I am not clear how?

Huh, I just checked and indeed it did go up about $1K. (Although her other scholarship was reduced by about $1K so it’s a wash for us - and also the reason I hadn’t noticed the MCS increase.)

A lot of parents on the FB groups have reported seeing adjustments this week in estimated COA and scholarship amounts. Not sure if the adjustments are still in progress.

I just looked this up. It looks like it is an annual fee charged to all students who are living in residence halls “to support the development and execution of activities, programs and events within the residential community.”

1 Like

Hi All…for move-in, they require us to bring the unique bar-code. “A screenshot or print-out of your unique Move-In bar code from the Housing Portal.”. I couldn’t find this on housing portal. Any idea? we are assigned a time-slot for move-in on 8/16.

The student should go to the housing portal and log in with Calnet. They should see a page which says, “Hi (Student Name)! Welcome to the Cal Housing Portal” etc. There should be a bar code on this page with a note that recommends taking a screenshot.

thank you so much!! not sure how I missed it!! it was right there in the top level page.

1 Like

Can any parent confirm if student needs to request Mini Fridge and Microwave for their rooms or its automatically put in room and charged to student accounts?

Hi…does anyone know how they pick beds and desks in a triple room? first come first serve basis?

It is up to you and your roommates! I will quote a mom from Facebook,

Great question! A. You walk into the dorm room and plop your bag on a bed. First come first served! B. You wait for your first roommate to show up and say, “How do we decide who gets which bed. Does anyone have a special need?” C. Discuss and figure it out ahead of time.

You can do it any of those three ways, but I would suggest (C).

This page says that “Residence hall rooms have a Microchill refrigerator and microwave combo unit in the room” and implies that there is no need to request them, https://housing.berkeley.edu/living-on-campus/my-room/

The move in checklist here also says “There is already a microwave / mini fridge in your room” https://housing.berkeley.edu/living-on-campus/move-in/move-in-checklist/

2 Likes

Can confirm. There is no need to do anything.l additional.

1 Like