UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

What does it say?

1 Like

i wonder if Berkeley will dribble these announcements out today and tomorrow, or if it’s all out now. (Ie. DD23 didn’t get an email yet, so… not sure whether to keep hope up for tomorrow!)

UC GPA: 4.2-4.3 (Received Cs, Bs, and Ds in freshman year, managed to get striaght A’s during 10th and 11th)
Got the letter of recommendation request
no test scores
CA resident
I’d say I have pretty good ECs (might be the reason why I got in)
12 (AP/HONORS/COLLEGE COURSES)

3 Likes

are the early admits rolling or all at once?

EDIT: sorry I didn’t mean to click reply to you! But if you do know, it would be great :slight_smile:

In the past, they have been all at once on the same day.

2 Likes

Does UCB announce how many early admits in February?

Are you instate or OOS?

What is the UCB early acceptance based on? Merit based ? Many students have 4.0 and exceptionally high UC GPA’s and tons of APs with all 5s. How does Berkeley select a handful of applicants to offer early admits? Any computer science applicants got early acceptance? Can you post your stats for future reference? Thanks.

1 Like

Based on 2021 admit numbers (2022 cannot find data), they admit around 6% early of the total students admitted. So, 950 out of 16,295 admits equals 6% but a total of 112,835 applicants.

1 Like

@gumbymom Thanks a lot!

According to UCB:

Early admits are a group of high-achieving students which includes students selected to interview for Berkeley’s most prestigious scholarship, the Regents’ and Chancellor’s Scholarship. The earlier notification will allow top students more time to explore the option of becoming a Berkeley student.

Do they send out early rejections for programs like MET? Or only admits?

1 Like

So there won’t be any decision notifications for Berkeley tomorrow? All those who got admitted received the decision already?

Just got in OOS for L&S
3.95UW/4.77W, ranked 3/140

4 Likes

Congrats! When did you get notified?

At like ~5 PM CST

Looks like everyone who got in early got theirs around 3 pm PST or equivalent so all the decisions are out for early. Weird that they didn’t stick to the usual Friday release.

Berkeley admission is very holistic, and stats are not going to tell the whole picture. Presumably, early admits are “top students” as determined by holistic read scores across the whole application.

3 Likes

My DS got accepted to College of Engineering today

6 Likes

Please add stats, major, residency etc. thanks and congrats!

3 Likes