UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

Thanks for your reply and all of the amazing information you provide to us all! I found the thread I was referring to that compares the criteria of several of the UCs. I think it interesting to see the comparison side by side.

1 Like

Hi everybody. I know that CSU’s show more preference in admissions to students in their local zipcodes. Do UC’s also do this? Thanks in advance, and good luck on admissions.

I don’t think UCs officially do this at all, and yet perhaps in the end it ends up that there are more offers to NorCal students to NorCal UCs and more offers to SoCal students to SoCal UCs. That happened in my DD’s case (she’s NorCal and has been admitted to 2 of the NorCal UCs she applied to (time will tell about UCB, the 3rd), but to 1 of 4 SoCal UCs she applied to). Maybe it is at least somewhat about perceived “fit.” Or maybe my DD’s PIQs gave off a real “NorCal” vibe somehow.

Lots of discussion on that topic here:

1 Like

5 Likes

Thinking good thoughts for everyone on this thread :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Coming up soon! Quite nervous though.

Hi - is anyone about to register for Admitted Student welcome events yet using this link?

HTTPS://apply.Berkeley.edu/register

Same here. My child is super nervous. Good luck to us both :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Zero expectations at this point after:

Declined by UCLA and UCSB.
Waitlisted UCD and UCI
Accepted UCSC and UCR

3 Likes

nope. not authorized

1 Like

not authorized here either

1 Like

Does it say access denied or not authorized for you guys?

For me, it says access denied for cal day registration and not authorized for the new student events registration.

2 Likes

Same here. Thanks to everyone for checking! I had seen some rumors about admitted student event registration astrology last year, so was curious.

2 Likes

When I click the Miami Welcome event and login I get this message:

“Our records indicate that you are not authorized to access this form. If you think you are receiving this message in error, please contact admissions admissions@berkeley.edu”

3 Likes

1 Like

Hi guys I emailed uc Berkley if I could change my major just right now :sweat_smile: do you think they will possibly let

I cannot answer for admissions but I would say no. They probably have made the majority of their decisions from the 123,000+ applicants. There was a deadline to change majors so I would imagine they would abide by that deadline.

3 Likes

What major did you apply to? If you applied to an L&S non high demand major it wouldn’t matter. If you did apply to a high demand major or to COE, sending a request this late may even raise a flag but I m only guessing and don’t know that for a fact.

1 Like