UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

Pretty stellar DD waitlisted. Last school to hear from! That was a fun and wild ride and I’m looking forward to the next phase of making the decision!!!

Denied: UCLA and USC
Waitlisted: Vanderbilt, UCB, UCSD, UCI
Accepted: UCSB, UCD, UT Austin, UGA, Pepperdine, Baylor, Penn State, Ohio State, Mich State

Great options!

4 Likes

Our student waitlisted for Econ. Adding to another long list of wait listed colleges along with UCLA. Has CMU Tepper as top choice at this point.

Congratulations!

No Biology is not a High Demand major at UCB.

A post was merged into an existing topic: UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

S23 waitlisted for LS and really bummed. Berkeley was a top choice and he wanted to apply to Haas. Portal astrology was correct as he received “not authorized.”

4.0/4.9 GPA - 12 APs and 2 DEs. 5-5s 2-4s. Large public school in OC.
Good school leadership in competitive academic clubs, tons of volunteering since 9th grade and won a regional volunteer of year award over other adults and college students; started non-profit that was selected for training and funding from a competitive business-charity program. PT job and some other ECs. Overall, good ECs but not as good as many I’ve seen on these boards.

Hard to objectively assess PIQs but he was able to craft a coherent narrative about who he is and what is important to him.

SAT: 1530, NM commended (doesn’t matter for UCs)

Accepted: UCLA, UCI, UCSB, UCSD, Davis, Indiana-Kelley & Emory
WL: Berkeley, Georgetown and WashU
Denied: USC, Brown, Cornell, Swarthmore & Claremont McKenna
Still waiting for Michigan

Not sure what UCLA saw in son that Berkeley didn’t. I understand both are very competitive but what makes one more competitive for one v. the other. If anything, we tried to tailor answers to fit a N. Cal vibe a bit more - guess we did it wrong.

This was a tough day as it was for countless others. We empathize with you but know everyone will find their right college and fit. In 5, 10, 20 years, you will look back and realize this was a momentary blip and your lives turned out well. Congrats to those who received good news today.

2 Likes

Haha! “ step one, donate $1 million. “

DS23 rejected, mechanical engineering. We’re not too sad about it. I wasn’t really sure it was the right fit for him. But we managed to get all the way to the end of this decision phase without a rejection until today. I was personally hoping for a waitlist. :grin: It’s honestly such a relief to now move to the choose-a-school phase. It’s looking like UCSD or UCI. Great choices!

8 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

what are your son’s stats, EC’s etc. My son’s top choice for next year is the Haas 4 year business program

1 Like

Did the acceptance today come with an invite or were you an early admit who already applied?

congratulations everyone! and to those who may not have received the news they wanted, it’s perfectly okay. you’ll do great things in the future, i’m sure of it!

4 Likes

Very proud and excited to say DD was admitted! Can anyone tell me how many applications were received, and how many were admitted into the freshman class? Daughter is curious!

2 Likes

what was the first/second major?

came with acceptance

3 Likes

Was it the Seed invite to apply? Or did you already apply and they sent you an acceptance. Seed generally requires essays and interviews.

Did the acceptance letter state Biology?

Accepted to Berkeley and Georgetown today. Probably going to be choice between those and UCLA. :raised_hands:

4 Likes

it was invite to apply? wondering if it is worth completing. never heard of program.

125,874 Freshman applicants but admitted numbers usually will post once they clear the waitlist.

Last year they had 128, 210 applicants and admitted 14,522

2 Likes