UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

Go to UCLA. unless you are deadset on working in tech in the silicon valley.

1 Like

Do they just admit to L&S. Accepted but doesn’t list a major?

Same here.My son got into UCLA and other UC’s not UC Berkeley.Slight disappointment. Its close to our house.

3 Likes

Twins accepted to UCB. Very happy for them. I believe they will be picking Berkley as they got their first choice Econ (GMP) and Bio Engineering.

Both had a 4.0/4.8/1590 with plenty of EC in their respective fields.

Other than UCLA, they got into all UCs.

They got into other schools, too, Columbia/NYU Stern/Rice/CMU etc.

I am really happy, guys. And I can only thank god for this. I hope you guys also had some good news today. It was brutal out there. I truly did not want to be some of these kids’ shoes!

8 Likes

Yes, they usually admit into L&S unless you specified a High Demand major which should be listed? The High Demand policy is new so I would expect to see the major listed if admitted directly into one those majors.

2 Likes

Thank you for that! Is that the number accepted? If so, what is typically the average freshman class size?

Congratulations

It’s definitely worth applying if your kid is interested in doing research. They will also need to start in the summer rather than the Fall. My son was invited to apply but changed his mind after applying since he did not want to start in the summer. Also bear in mind that the application has a very short turnaround time. Last year it was just 1 week between the invite and the deadline.

2 Likes

i was wondering the same thing! daughter got invitation.

No numbers for admitted student this year but I posted last years numbers. The number of enrolled students last year 2022 was 6727 and for 2021 the enrolled number was 6931 Freshman.

1 Like

you have to start in the summer?

2 Likes

@sirenlily @CaliBoy2024

Link about the program: https://seedscholars.berkeley.edu/

1 Like

The 6 week summer program is mandatory @sirenlily

invitation for Seed came with acceptance email

All UCs including UCR and UCM? Just curious.

In-state daughter got rejected; she is devastated :sob: It was her only rejection, but her first choice of schools.

Got waitlisted at UCLA, UCI, UCSB, and UCSD, but accepted at Davis, which is where she’ll probably go. I’ve been telling her for weeks that Davis is wonderful and she’d do well there, so maybe after the tears stop :broken_heart: she can really hear that.

5 Likes

Seems like major is not showing up in the letter even though applied to capped major. But they have that info. It just doesn’t show up in the letter.

1 Like

waitlisted UCB, UCI, UCSD …accepted Cal Poly SLO, UCD and UCSC…rejected UCLA

1 Like

Congrats, Rice in particular is a great school for undergrads.

1 Like

Do any of the acceptance letters state the major please? Thanks