UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

125000 applied.

Berkeley was also our first rejection. Mech Engineering OOS

Hoping avtrite got some good news today…I’ve been thinking of him during all of this.

9 Likes

I’m so sorry that your daughter is devastated - my D had very similar results last year (5 waitlists) and chose Davis despite it not being one of her top choices - she loves it! It truly is a great school with lots of flexibility and a very collaborative student body. It’s also a very safe college town that fully supports the school.

8 Likes

UCR UCI UCM UCSC UCSD UCSB UCB UCD Claremont Rice CMU UVA UW - both got their choice of major and were accepted!
UCLA Vanderbilt Cornell Pomona Northwestern - waitlisted
plenty of rejects,

Moral of the story - cast a wider net. Hit a lot more safeties. Then ask your wife to do all the hard work - trust me this works!!

Kudos to all the Moms who have tirelessly worked their tails off to get their kids to and thru college. The stress of the wait and the pain of rejection is trulyheard in their voice. I tip my hat to you!

Thanks to all - this was an enjoyable session. Tomorrow we wait for a could more I believe …

4 Likes

DS23 Accepted!
Major (and division if applicable) applied to: Environmental Economics and Policy, CNR

ACADEMIC STATS::
UC Unweighted GPA: 4.0
UC Capped Weighted GPA: 4.4
UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.7
ELC (top 9% CA HS): Yes

Comments about course load (including senior year):
Number of a-g courses: 24 years
Number of UC Approved Honors courses: 12 years
Number of AP courses/exams (scores in parentheses): 11 APs (5 tests taken, all 5’s, 6 courses senior year)
Number of IB courses/exams (score in parentheses): 0

SUBJECTIVE::

Extracurriculars: environmental clubs/activities, speech & debate (nationally ranked, many awards), varsity athlete (for fun, not ranked or recruited), all ECs included leadership roles
Volunteer/Community service: 200+ hours
Summer Activities: environmental research, community service
Supplemental/Augmented Review: No

DEMOGRAPHICS::

State/location of HS (if domestic applicant): CA Public
First Generation? No

REFLECTION::

Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/denied:
accepted: UCLA, USC, UCSD, UCSB, UCI, UCD, Northeastern, Wesleyan
waitlisted: Pomona, Harvard, Cornell, Brown, BU, Tufts
denied: Yale

2 Likes

They also got into UW with a scholarship. But we decided to keep them in California. Yes, we really loved their program and the university

1 Like

My D is also CNR :slight_smile:

Has @jtb posted results? Her daughter also applied to Enviro Policy in CNR.

1 Like

In case everyone missed this—125K applicants. This is just crazy. It looks like everyone applied everywhere… Id be curious how the yield rate would stand out for 2023

I think yield are Cal is between 45 and 50%

@Avtrite How were your results? Please update. We are all rooting for you …!

6 Likes

I also was invited to apply for SEED Scholars Honors Program but am a little confused. The link says “The STEM Excellence through Equity & Diversity (SEED) Scholars Honors Program focuses on supporting and inspiring historically marginalized undergraduate populations majoring in all areas of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).” I’m not part of a historically marginalized group though, unless they mean by just being female in STEM?

1 Like

This SEED program is very confusing. My son didn’t see a deadline date for the application, but we found on the website something about it being due by April 6. One week to write two essays???

1 Like

no. It does not show. But they have the info.

Just read his portal astrology note - I looked like a reject/waitlist for A*. Let us wait for him to come back to us with his outcome. The prognosis does not look good!

wow! it doesn’t have a start date? does this mean they will already have moved into their dorms?

1 Like

That’s wonderful to hear, thank you!

1 Like

Daughter was rejected.
She is waitlisted in UCLA which we are really hoping comes through by mid to late May.
Accepted at UCI, UCSD, UCD, UCSC and UCR, Pepperdine, SDSU, SJSU, USF and Santa Clare.
Rejected at UCSB

3 Likes

First time going through the college process, we certainly had our skepticism. However we are excited our son was accepted. Congrats to all, and for those who will attend other schools, you will find your path to success!

4.0uw
4.6w
ELC - yes
10 APs (+5 Senior yr)
Solid ECs
In state

Accepted: UCM, UCR, UCSC (CSP), UCD, UCSB, UCI, UCSD, UCB, Cal Poly SLO, Case Western

Waitlisted: UCLA

2 Likes

Is your daughter already at UCB? My daughter was just accepted CNR for environmental science. How does your daughter like it?

1 Like