UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

I would recommend that you read about the SEED mission and guide your Common App recommenders to tailor the responses accordingly.

Yes, my daughter’s did, for Landscape Architecture. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats was that wGPA the UC weighted GPA?

Actually, I just read on their website that “The SEED Scholar’s Honors Program does not consider recommendation letters during our application process.”

1 Like

My son was waitlisted

Weighted GPA: 4.29, unweighted GPA: 3.97
Number of a-g courses taken 9-12th: 27 a-g
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE classes: 1 honors, 6 AP’s
Intended Major: Film and Media
Non-local CA resident from large public high school, Bay Area
Not ELC
EC’s: Varsity Baseball, acting, lots of film-related EC’s

Accepted to: UCSD, CSULB, CSUN, SF State, Puget Sound, ASU

Waitlisted at: UCD, LMU, UCSC, UCB

Rejected at: UCLA, UCI, UCSB

He was very happy to get into UCSD – I think he will end up going there, unless he gets off the UC Berkeley waitlist.

1 Like

You are right, looks like a change for this year. Last year we had to submit 2.

That’s fully weighted GPA, not sure of UC gpa. His transcript is kind of complicated with dual credit. He’s earned his AA during high school.

Accepted! In-State.
Admitted to L&S with Robinson LSBE (Bio/Business dual major program) as primary, MolCell Bio as secondary. Also invited to apply to SEEDS scholarship.

UW 3.97, uncapped GPA 4.6, capped UCGPA 4.33, 98th percentile class rank (ELC designated)
1540 SAT // 11 APs + 5 Honors

Capstone of application was a singular STEM EC that wasn’t too insane. I’d say the majority of my application however was in community service/NPO work, followed by a few interest clubs.

My PIQs don’t read too well, but I feel like I was concise and very informational in them.

Waitlisted at UCLA for MCDB, UCSD for CS-Bioinformatics.

Accepted to Irvine and Davis for Bio (also got honors college at Irvine, scholarships at Davis).

My CA rejections consist of Cal Poly SLO and SDSU surprisingly.

1 Like

accepted UCLA, UC Berkeley, Rice! All out of state! i only applied to 2 UCs
also UGA w/ zell miller scholarship (in state), Fordham (w/ scholarship), Stony Brook Honors (+ scholarship)

1 Like

DD accepted! Also in at UC Davis, UCSC, Cal Poly. Rejected at UCSB. In at a variety of other private schools with some rejections and WLs too. We’re very happy about UC Berkeley and she will probably choose it.

5 Likes

question: what is “Berkeley UG Scholarship”? it shows under “Grant and Scholarship”, not sure this is already offered or just an estimate we have to apply ?

Decision: accepted
Major applied to: Chemical Biology
ACADEMIC STATS:
UC Unweighted GPA: 4.0
UC Capped Weighted GPA: 4.4

ELC (top 9% CA HS): yes

Comments about course load (including senior year):
11 AP (5 in 10-11, scores all 5)

EC: research, Varsity Sport

Bay area/CA

3 Likes
1 Like

applied haas, but got into letters and sciences!

2 Likes

is it hard to get in? heard there is an interview

1 Like

You cannot apply as a Direct admit into HAAS as a Freshman this year. You are admitted into L&S and then take the required courses to apply in your Sophomore year.

Next Fall 2024, they plan to offer a direct admit for in-coming Freshman.

3 Likes

Told you!! Very happy for you guys. If he comes, you can use me as your local in case of emergency. :grinning:

recommenders? what is pdq?

Thank you so much! It’s crazy. We’re still stunned!

1 Like

Please ignore. Recommendations are not needed for SEED anymore.

Pdq = pretty darn quick

1 Like

gotcha

1 Like