UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

S23 accepted into College of Chemistry. Does anyone know if being in this college makes it easier/harder to get required classes on time to graduate? Thanks.

2 Likes

What is the advantage of SEEDS if you are not necessarily seeking financial aid? There is also a requirement to attend a summer session if selected so weighing the benefits of applying. For context, got invited for SEEDS Honors

1 Like

Main benefit seems to be priority enrollment.

how does she like being part of SEED?

Has anyone found a certain deadline date for the SEEDS form?

any feedback on Rausser College of Natural Resources? Major is Microbial Biology for daughter

2 Likes

We’re not there yet, but have heard wonderful things about it. My daughter has a few friends there and was able to sit in on a freshman seminar a few weeks ago and had a great experience - she said she felt like she had found her people. We are very hopeful :slight_smile:

Yes. See below copied from their website. We are Group 2 because Group 1 was the Early Admits. It’s a pretty quick turnaround to get the application in.

Group Two Timeline:

03/31 - Group two applications begin

04/06 - Group two SEED application deadline

04/22 - Group interview date

05/01 - Deadline for group two to respond to the program offer

My child is in one of claremont school.
My child got in UCB and claremont.
Of , course claremont is top liberal art school.
School is prestigious and support very much . Even we got hotel fee and gas fee for parents visiting days.
There are so many top of companies recruiting and providing reaserch programs and internship with funds.
We get u ber fees from distant volunteers.
Of course, claremont is best.

1 Like

So they admit more students than enroll right? How many enrolled? how many admitted out of a pool of 125000?

A compelling case for UCB.

Saw those dates. Just wanted to be sure since 1) surprised only one week to write two essays, and 2) no date was indicated on the actual form. Oh well welcome to Berkeley…takes me back to my days when I was an undergraduate standing in long lines at Sproul Hall or L&S counseling office while at the same time furiously reviewing my black lightening notes for a midterm the next day. :roll_eyes:

Son admitted to ME. OOS.
GPA 3.99 UW, 4.27W
AIME, USPHYO,
Eagle Scout
Varsity Lettered Track and Field
Math Club Captain.
He is planning to do AFROTC. Anyone else know if you can get special housing for ROTC?

5 Likes

that’s good to hear!

1 Like

DD rejected! Only UC rejection! Accepted to all others but Merced where she didn’t apply. UCD has a scholarship offer, Honors program in a few. Also accepted to SLO, SDSU, Pomona.

UW GPA: 4.0
Weighted: 4.78
Capped: I think it was 4.28
Took hardest classes in school, all Honors and AP, tons of extra-curriculars with perseverance from elementary through high school.

She wasn’t really seeing herself in UCB, and UCLA was her dream school, so all is hopefully well.
Go Bruins!

Congratulations to all who were accepted at Cal, it is a wonderful accomplishment indeed.

2 Likes

Also, I have been actively watching all group discussions- first with my son in 2017 (he is graduating from grad school at UCI soon after an undergrad in UCI Engineering) and then again now, but this is my first post. I want to thank everyone and the forum champions for the very useful information here. The entire college application process and the randomness of the outcomes hasn’t ceased to amaze me!

4.8 W /4.36 UC / 3.94 UW
Cognitive Science

so sorry she didn’t make it. you have UCLA. no worries.
Which major/college she applied to?

1 Like

D23 Accepted
Major- Political Science
UW 3.9
W 4.3
Good EC’s
Part time job
Good PIQ’s
Only 4 AP classes (our small school didn’t offer very many so we chose to have her dual enroll in community college to make up for it)
Dual Enroll Credits - 40
EC- Yes
First Gen- Yes

3 Likes

Hi…any one applied for CS in L&S as first major but accepted into alternative major (undeclared)?

1 Like