UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

idk it’s weird cause i don’t think L&S applicants have any specific major listed on their decision letter at all? bc i applied for a major but it only said “You’ve been admitted to L&S” but it doesn’t specify the major. and when i looked on google for other people’s decisions letters, the other L&S applicants didn’t get a major listed either

3 Likes

My son’s L & S letter has no major listed. He is applied physics.

Hmm. If you applied for a high demand major, have you contacted them to find out if you got into the major?

1 Like

yeah so i dont think anyone has majors listed on l&s, when i looked on google images for “berkeley accepted letters” all other accepted letters with L&S had no majors listed either

1 Like

If you applied for COE with an alternate major in LS, then if the letter didn’t specify a major then you probably got into the alternate major

For LS, it’s less clear if someone applied for a high demand major since no one knows what the admit letter should say for high demand majors.

I would call the school and confirm admits to LS high demand majors.

2 Likes

was your son or daughter accepted interested in Economics accepted into the HAAS School or L&S

1 Like

For Fall 2023 there is no Haas direct admit. That will start next year.

2 Likes

did he apply for an alternate major as undeclared?

1 Like

Other than the High Demand majors all other students are admitted Undeclared in L&S. Then you need to take the required major courses to declare the major. As stated above, it is unclear if the high demand majors are listed in their acceptance.

2 Likes

Thanks! Molecular Cell Biology.

Rejected for EECS. 1550+ SAT, 3.9+ GPA, 15+ APs, some humanities/research/olympiad ECs. Really happy with ivy day and Duke today though.

2 Likes

Thanks, and congrats to your Daughter as well. I heard that the program is tough to get into. Is she also attending the summer program (don’t have the details) - assuming. she is choosing UC? Please DM me.

Applied to the HaaS GMP program. (Global Management Program - Berkeley Haas) and got admitted. He was actually interviewed as well. One of the few programs that interview their students.

My other son applied to BioEngineering (About) and got his first choice.

This was for UCB

1 Like

Thank for the policy information but the admitted students do not have the High Demand major listed on their acceptance so I guess they are wondering if they were actually admitted into that major or possibly their alternate major in L&S (although L&S does not admit by major). They are looking for the High Demand major guarantee.

1 Like

Yes, this is true. 2024 Freshman will have the opportunity to go directly into the HaaS program. But GMP also guarantees that the kid will automatically go into the HaaS program in their 2nd year.

1 Like

My highest gratitude to all the forum moderators who did a tremendous job! Without your guidance, we would have been lost.

My heartfelt appreciation to all the Moms - who tirelessly worked on their kids’ applications. Who were probably more stressed than the kids themselves. Miracle worker, as always!

3 Likes

Does SEED invite go to every L&S applicant? How many students are selected?

Below is from the website:

Seems like the number of people invited could be quite large.

Thank you for the info. This is very helpful.

2 Likes