UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

My daughter went claremont mckenna.
She applied chemistry major. She got 2 letters : acceptance and seeds honor program.
It says renewable research scholarship is in every year. Her sister graduated berkeley and got in McKinsey company. The company is top company .

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Unfortunately, the WL has barely moved in recent times regardless of residency.

For the last cycle, 4655 applicants accepted a spot on the WL and there were only 44 admits. This is not broken out by residency but a <1% admit rate off the WL doesn’t bode well regardless of how you slice the data.

WAITING LIST TOTAL
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 8,456
Number accepting a place on the waiting list: 4,655
Number of wait-listed students admitted: 44

What is the class size of berkeley this year?

1 Like

I’d go to Purdue. Top ranked engineering program and doesn’t cost much more than UC even for OOS.

1 Like

Hi Gumbymom, I had a question but not related to this thread, how can I ask you? thanks

Please see bullet 1. It is very clear in what it states about guarantee at L&S. At least that’s how we are interpreting it.

• Accepted!! (GMP)
    UW GPA: 4.0
    W GPA: 4.486 APs, 2 Honors, 2 Dual enrollments (all 5’s on exams, 4 on one)
    State: California (Bay Area)

Awards: book award from another university, UoR high school award in the humanities, social impact fellowship designed to bridge educational inequities for first-gen students, NSLI-Y finalist, U.S. youth ambassador finalist, national award for first-gen students

ECs: Japanese-American exchange program, president of culture clubs, Spanish honor society, mental health; AP World history tutor, owner of a blog, superintendent student advisory council

Accepted to: Cal Poly Slo, St. Andrew’s, UCSD, SDSU, Cal Poly SLO, [UC Irvine] Paul Merage School of Business, UCSC, SJSU, UCD, Macalester, Bowdoin, Williams, Amherst,Reed , Case Western, Rochester, American, UVA, SFSU,Tufts, Wesleyan,UCSB,UCSD, Claremont McKenna

Waitlist: UCLA, Pomona college

Currently deciding between Berkeley GMP vs. Williams College! Tough choice… I will have to go to previews for Williams and see which one is a better fit :slight_smile: If anyone has advice, I would appreciate it! Thank you all. I hope you all find your place <3

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new thread: UCSD (Regents) vs UC Berkeley for Biological Sciences

I will send you a PM. Look for a Green flag on your Avatar.

1 Like

Yes, I am guessing the admitted students want confirmation that they have been admitted into those High Demand majors. Since it is a new policy along with alternate majors this year, it would helpful if the major was indicated on the acceptance. I have learned never assume.

3 Likes

Accepted EECS in Feb (early acceptance) as an Indian international. Any others from India here?

1 Like

I’m from India; environmental economics & policy major :))

A post was merged into an existing topic: UCSD (Regents) vs UC Berkeley for Biological Sciences

The “High Demand” majors are only for L&S, right? Son applied for Mechanical Engineering and the acceptance letter says that he is offered “admission to the major of Mechanical Engineering in the College of Engineering”. This is equivalent of a “direct to major” and no more major declaration needed down the road, I hope.

1 Like

Correct. High Demand majors are in L&S.

1 Like

College of Engineering always admit specifically into a major. He is good.

3 Likes

More power to your daughter.
My son got rejected from only UC ,UC B ,which he wanted most.Its near to our house.

I feel so sad for your daughter and many others like her. It’s very hard to get over this and move on for us(parents) too and they are just 17 year olds. But she will be fine in few days and love Davis and do her best! Wish her all the best !

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your son! Watching your kid in pain is the absolute worst.

3 Likes