UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Thread

Bet :relaxed: lets just hope upward trend and Piq helps us

2 Likes

Yah but I wish it was 4.0 during that time in Highschool they never told me dual courses would be on my transcript so like i even took 5 courses a semester at CC to get it up higher but in the end still a 3.8 I put in my essay that i took these courses when i was 16 and that ever since going to CC Ive gotten all A’s but for EECS the average is a 3.9

Haha I don’t think you have to worry about your gpa. It’s really high.

I’m just worried, if I don’t get in I have to do another year of CC and reapply for my intended major. What’s your major?

Philosophy

Lol your chillin the acceptance is 50 percent and you got an upward trend if your piq is good i think you have a great chance

nvm

I thought my piq was good, but after looking at it again I don’t know anymore haha. It’s the admit and enroll gpa range that worry me.

I have it too. Since it links to visit.berkeley.edu, which is just a general site, I don’t think it means anything.

1 Like

Mine says the same thing

Yeah I’ve never clicked on it, so don’t know if it’s default

Nah your chillin I wouldn’t stress I’m sure your Piq is good. My stuff my harm me I talked about producing and being an artist I don’t think they care about that stuff especially as an engineer major

Okay, yeah. If you logout of your portal, or clear your history, and Google “uc Berkeley visitor services” it says the same thing. Darn it.

lol

Well, they want to know your passion. They want to know who you are. I don’t think that would hurt you.

did the portal crash today?

def not gonna hurt u. IMO they want to know what you do outside your major. I talked about photography In one of my PIQ and Im applying for Econ

Yah but these dudes out here being like the president of math clubs and engineering clubs all I talked about was the fact my father has a PhD in the major and he teaches me every weekend and we do home projects. I hope it just doesn’t seem amateur

My essays are riddled with philosophy crap. I think I made it a little too esoteric, too many philosophical ideas and big words. It sounds corny looking at now.

I even took a shot at stem people and made them out to be too robotic. Sorry, stem folks lol. But that was probably not a good idea.