UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Thread

Nope I just lost my access to my UCB email, but I can still login to my Calnet

• Oh never mind I misunderstood your post

Same. I can still press the button, so I did and it says forbidden… Kind of scared.

I had this too. Said “Forbidden” after I pressed the button.

When I pressed the button, I don’t see any forbidden message, but it automatically redirect me to the same page.

That sounds like some good news. When I clicked on it, it just redirected me to the sublink /account-manager/welcome/SLATE which has the Forbidden message.

I’m just curious. Are you able to login to CalCentral? (https://calcentral.berkeley.edu)
It just says Unrecognized Login for me.

same here it just took me back to my MAP portal page (if that’s what you mean by being redirected)

According to this (When do people get CalNet accounts? | CalNet - Identity and Access Management), “Calnet pulls data into LDAP when student are admitted and before they have returned their SIR” so it seems like being able to access CalNet is a good sign?

One should try and finish up the major requirements as quickly as possible at your CCC, but it’s not dispositive regarding your admissions decision.

Best practice is to be done by the end of fall of your sophomore year or the winter session after that. Or, have only one or two classes in your spring semester of sophomore year. This is so the admissions committee can see you finished or almost finished your prerequisites.

But you’ll be completely done end of this semester, and if you have the high gpa one needs to transfer to a Cal or UCLA, the committee will probably assume you will finish the prereqs and do well.

For those of you who haven’t already joined, come join the UC Berkeley transfer Discord server as we get our decisions! The code is PabqQeZr .

1 Like

if you click on the green button does it take you to forbidden?

It just hit me we’re three more days, possibly two, from knowing if we’re about to attend the absolute premier public university in the world. In my opinion, it’s a top three university overall.

We will see! Housing kinda scares me but I will weigh my options.

Yeah there’s been at least a two-year on-ramp to this moment for a lot of us and now that I’m about to merge it doesn’t feel real.

i used to not be allowed to sign in to cal central using my map@berkeley but now it goes through and i can access calcentral

Have to taken classes at Berkeley through concurrent enrollment before?

yes i have but i’ve tried logging into calcentral with my map@berkeley login before and it never worked until today

mine works but i dont see anything unusual?

Could you link the exact site you’re logging into? I’m confused as to whether it’s CalCentral or the Account Manager.

just search cal central berkeley and it should be the first result. it’s not account manager