UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Thread

Yes but don’t misunderstand it, my withdraw page still show the same old thing but I found these in the codes.

Yeah I think the freshman glitch was also in the code

So hopefully we’re able to see it sometimes today.

Omg :rofl: glad we have a com sci student here

1 Like

LoL I major in Geography and exploring those codes is a hobby, so I’m hoping someone has expertise in this would tell us what on earth this means and how the glitch will probably happen :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’m not very familiar with HTML, but I see a group of checkboxes (the form_response things), the first of which is hidden from both sight and screen readers, and has the label I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application. The checkbox that shows in your portal with the label I wish to withdraw my application from further consideration is probably in that group, but the form_responses divider is cut off in the screenshot. What exactly are we looking for?

Shoot… Sry. Great hobby tho! Btw did u apply to ucla? My major for ucla is also geography (it’s actually geography/env studies, but close enough)

Yes, I’m anxiously waiting for the decision from them. I TAG UCSB and received the offer today, probably go there because I attend SBCC and feel comfortable living in SB region.

1 Like

Thanks for the explaination! It seems that form_responses is the protal where the page update based on?

Yeah I assume when the decision is made one of those hidden checkboxes is going to switch with the unspecific one.

Edit: I assume the “glitch” people are talking about is that the server updates the withdraw checkbox before the decision status?

What we need to see is the coding that automatically triggers the glitch, not the glitch’s coding haha.

Sounds great :rofl: have fun at ucsb or any school u decide to go to.

I checked, and form responses only has 3 sub-labels. Two hidden and one thats displayed. Could that mean anything?

I think those are the possible states of the withdraw checkbox. I don’t think it means anything unless it changes.

Thank you c: we’ll see how this plays out tonight

Im down bad. For any of those out there who share similar events as me, I know its stressful but we can only pray for the best at this point. Applied as a ccc transfer for philosophy, so far been rejected by Irvine and Santa Barbara (my safety schools, put them at the bottom of the list) with berk being the top choice (not for any reason in particular, just live in the bay area and cant go far).
Still waiting from Davis UCLA, also applied to Santa Clara University, and Stanford.
GPA: Right now its a 3.4, no idea what they’re looking at, could be when I had a 3.2
Im banking on my essays which consist of me taking the unconventional route of developing a successful real estate business at 17 instead of attending college (“hooks”: URM, First gen immigrant, first gen college, local). Highschool gpa is awful, growing up in a impoverished area, and with parents who didn’t really understand college did prove to guide me towards not doing well in school, or attending college (however it isnt an excuse, just a reality). Praying for everyone in here to make it. Just wanted to vent.

1 Like

Did you TAG anywhere?

Hey man. Starting a successful real estate business is an impressive achievement. Uci and UCSB are both known to be relying more on stats. The remaining schools you applied to are generally more holistic. Hopefully they’ll consider the context of your achievements . Best of luck to you mate.

2 Likes

Hey man! I’m a philosophy major as well from a Bay Area ccc. I have an even lower gpa than you at 3.36. I feel you, we don’t quite make the cut with Berkeley’s philosophy admit gpa range. I’m also counting on the essays to save the day, and cal’s holistic process. Your safety schools aren’t really safety schools, tho lol. The only reason why I feel like I have even a scintilla of a chance at Berkeley is because for some weird reason cal poly SLO accepted me with an even lower acceptance rate than Berkeley at 16 percent. But every school is different.

1 Like

I actually did not, kinda regretting that now though.