UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Thread

What I did for my essay is not so much tell them my credentials, but focused more on my passion for my major. There’s so much name dropping in it - from Voltaire, Kierkegaard, Dostoyevsky, Descartes (I have a thing for existentialist thinkers). I might’ve done it too much to where I didn’t tell them enough about me. We’ll see.

1 Like

Thank you, im praying that is the case, otherwise its looking grim.

Nice to see a fellow philosophy major.
I mostly wrote about discovering philosophy, and it being the only academic subject that has made me interested in school, and how the passion I have for it has helped me develop more as an adult, business owner, and a student. I pray we both make it in, the chances are slim, but in the words of the great Han Solo, “Never tell me the odds”.
Btw huge kierkegaard reader as-well, his literature certainly fits the mood right now.

1 Like

You have several ‘hooks’ and starting a business at 17 also helps you stand out, so don’t lose hope!

1 Like

Wow, that’s exactly what wrote, how I stumbled into a philosophy class thinking I’ll just take it for easy A coz it’s just a bunch of reading. I was engineering at the time. Then I read Descartes and it just blew my mind.

1 Like

I hope so, thank you so much - holding onto as much hope as possible.

I feel that. I was originally a poli-sci major, but after taking intro I knew where my passion was.

Not familiar with this type of codes as well but when I clicked “view page source” I only saw one response type which is (image), not sure if everyone has it.

edit: the “I wish to withdraw my application from further consideration.” is also in the code twice for the very last line

I have this too! Does anyone have something different?

mine is the same, interested to see if anyone gets a different code

mine is the same as well!

Can you view that on smartphone?

don’t think so

I think its the same for everyone.

My source code only has ‘I will not be coming to cal…’

It’s the same for everyone, those are just conditions being set once the decisions are updated, seems like now these conditions are not being updated yet, let’s see if they’re going to change tonight.

2 Likes

Do we not have at least one computer science person in here??? Lol

Update: Was waitlisted at Davis??? So confused by what this means but hope has been diminished.

2 Likes

i was waitlisted as well by davis as a non-cc phil major w/ a 3.36 gpa :,) davis doesn’t read essays while cal does though so don’t give up hope!!

1 Like