UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Thread

idk if a 3.7 is considered high stats, but

• data science
  • California CC
  • all prerequisites done
  • decent ECs

We have the exact same stats and major, I had no idea

2 Likes

ikr seems crazy to speculate sm when it could be a matter of seconds till we know

Anyone got “I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application.”?
The difference is it is “coming” not intersted in attending

LMAOO that’s crazy :sob: here’s to hoping both of us make it!! <3 phil gang

2 Likes

Did the unauthorized complete the IGETC. In order to transfer you need to complete IGETC

Def got unauthorized cuz im out of state + Econ is super competitive, wasn’t expecting it though so its fine. Hoping for UCLA

Lol, that is crazy. 3.6 is the magic number let’s hope.

Yup, IGETC completed.

maybe it means nothing. I doubt that we all either got rejected or waitlisted

it’s 5 pm and decisions aren’t out so i guess they wont be out until tomorrow

My status says unauthorized right now and I applied as a political science major with a 4.0 from a California 4-year university.

Determining whether or not my major prereqs qualified for UCs was difficult because there was no way for me to determine if the courses I took at my university were transferable to the UCs. I even called UCB before applications opened and they just told me to take classes that seemed the closest to the ones UCs required.

For ECs, I think mine were alright. I volunteered in grassroots, was a college campus coordinator for a 2020 presidential candidate, etc.

So it’s entirely possible that I get rejected because the classes I’ve taken don’t match up with the UCs and there’s nothing I can really do about that. I got rejected from UCI last week and I’m assuming it’s because of that.

Do you guys think they’re still updating in batches even though it’s past 5 PM?

No decisions today for sure, but the glitch is what we’re waiting for

1 Like

Did you complete your IGETC?

I looked at the page source. I’m no expert, but I saw the following prompts as RETIRED: “I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application.” = waitlist

and "“I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to cancel my admission. I understand that the admission deposit is not refundable.” ===> acceptance

I think in the place of those two, they replaced with “I am no longer interested in attending UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application.” So that default now likely means either accepted or waitlisted. “Our records indicate you are not authorized to access this form” was not Retired and it probably means a rejection. Just my two cents.

2 Likes

yes I did :slight_smile:

yep probs true

any chance for a 5:30 release?