UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Thread

tomorrow when posting decisions can we write unauthorized or withdraw option with the decision so we know

10 Likes

sorry I’m late to this lol, can we find out whether it says “unauthorized” or the other statement by pressing “withdraw application” on the right corner of the portal?

I was rejected by UC Riverside. They don’t read the personal insight questions though, so I think that is probably why. I did however, get into UC Irvine.

4 Likes

Yes, normally the admit rate is around 15%, but who knows for this year since there are so many competitive applicants.

Aww I love Irvine. Good job.

1 Like

hi! i’ve been stalking this thread for the past week :confused: i thought i would share my stats as well bc im a tad confused. my account says “i am no longer interested and wish to withdraw” can someone decode that for me?

stats:
ccc
3.95 / journalism major
honors program
womens soccer team - state assist leader
editor and chief of my cc newspaper
campus ambassador
work part time

i applied for rhetoric :0

Just too far for me

UCI has an amazing bio department! Congrats

1 Like

Berkeley would be too far for me. UCLA would be best. I applied to Berkeley on a whim and at this point I won’t go there anyhow, I’ll go to Irvine if I don’t get into UCLA. I hope you get Berkeley!

Thanks!

uc davis released their decisions this afternoon! as far as berkeley and ucla go they both view applications with a holistic lens so gpa isn’t everything. i’ve heard of plenty of people who have strong gpas that get rejected, admissions are always up in the air with those two. i applied to ucla and berkeley as well, history major with 3.74 gpa. good luck!

1 Like

Major: Molec & cell Bio
GPA(current): 3.76
GE requirement: IGETC completed
Major Required Courses: Completed
Ecs: Worked part time for almost 3 years at same company, also started working with nonprofit to help more black high school students prepare for college as an academic advisor. I also babysat and acted as an advisor to my brother and sister to make sure they were on track to graduate because my mom had to work more.
Essays: They were ok, they definitely had a theme and flowed with one another.
Applied to: CSU East Bay, UCD and UCB
Accepted: CSU East Bay and UCD
Portal says: I am no longer interested in attending UCB and wish to withdraw my application

1 Like

UCLA would be your best bet coz being local, you get extra points. I think you’ll get LA.

1 Like

Same major with a 3.83 and I got unauthorized. I’m so happy for you!

what if unauthorized is acceptances lmao

3 Likes

im praying for that lol

2 Likes

Like we are all just jumping to assumptions. It could be that these are the acceptances. Who knows

6 Likes

I don’t think unauthorized=accepted. I saw on discord someone said that he/she forgot to update the UCB required form, which would for sure jeopardize the application, and he/she got unauthorized message. So I assume unauthorized=rejected.

Regardless of what your portal says, go out and bool with your fellas tonight!

https://www.reddit.com/r/berkeley/comments/md1pa4/using_withdraw_application_to_check_decision/

2 Likes