UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Thread

Transfer decisions for Berkeley are confirmed to be released on April 23rd. This is quoted from the latest UC Berkeley Counselor Bulletin (select March 23 from the drop-down menu):

As we get closer to our Freshman decision release on Thursday, March 25, we wanted to provide you with a few details regarding what students can expect. We hope that this information will be useful to you as your students may have questions about their admission decision. We’ll send out similar information next month before we release Transfer decisions, which will be on Friday, April 23.

By the looks of it, all decisions are to be released on April 23rd, rather than in a rolling fashion.

4 Likes

When will we get updates on our withdraw button?

GPA: 3.8/4.0
Major: Chemistry (College of Chemistry version, not Letters & Science)
Extracurriculars:
ACS Chemistry Club (Founder & President)
Health Occupational Students of America (Member)
STEM Scholars of America (Member)
Phi Theta Kappa (Member)
President’s List x4
Job/Work Experience:
Organic Chemistry Teaching Assistant
STEM Tutor
Texas CDS Attendant (Assisted with special needs clients)
Private Speech & Debate Coach
Personal Statement: Most of my PIQ’s involve chemistry, but I think my most impactful one is my “Overcoming Struggles” PIQ where I talk about how chemistry helped me get out of a severe depressive rut that hurt me academically.
Applied for Financial Aid?: Yep
State: Texas (Out Of State)
School Type: Community College
Income Bracket: Upper Income
Hooks: Research Experiences & Honors Program
Strengths:
Biochemistry Research (Parkinson’s (Group’s Project) + Chemoresistance in CML (Personal Project))
Honors Research (2 Independent Projects: Film & Speech)
Nanotechnology Research (through NSF)
Teaching Assistant for Organic Chemistry
Weaknesses: Had to retake some courses but GPA is replaced per my school’s replacement policy
Applying to what schools?
UC’s: Berkeley, LA, San Diego, Irvine, and Davis
(+ more Non-UC’s but those are irrelevant for now)

Kind of nervous since OOS but I’m holding onto some hope

Hi everyone! I am new here but wanted to share my info with you! Hopefully we start to hear back soon!
Major: Communications but I applied as a Business Major since they dont offer plain comm
GPA: 4.0 (finishing my IGETC and 60 units this semester)
I am currently living in San Diego
College Applied: UCSB, UCLA, UC Davis, UC Berkeley, CSUSM, Cal Poly SLO
Accepted: CSUSM
Denied: Cal Poly SLO

Just wondering- has anyone received emails from Berkeley? Like every other Uc has sent some sort of admissions emails, about campus life, or transfer experience. Even UCLA has. But, it’s been pretty silent from Berk. I was just wondering if emails have been sent out that I wasn’t getting.

1 Like

nope, i don’t think they’ve sent anything out

I was wondering the same thing. Radio silence from Berkeley.

What is the “waitlist” topic that y’all were talking about? I do not see it anywhere on my portal.

if you check under account tools in your portal, you will see a withdraw application button, it should take you to another page with a message. according to the freshmen c/o 2025, there were three different messages on the waitlist page that indicated whether or not they got in. i think if your waitlist page says “unauthorized”=rejection, “i wish to withdraw my application from further consideration”=waitlist, “i will not come to berkeley”=acceptance. according to the freshies, it seemed like the messages correctly correlated to their admission decisions but it’s still too early to tell for us because their messages only came in a couple of days prior to admissions decision releases

2 Likes

Ahh lol I’m too scared to even click that button.

you dont have to worry about it now, we still have a hot minute until we get our decisions haha

Hi there transfer gang!! Hope all is well. I applied to like 8 UCs last year but only got into 1 lolll, UCLA is my DREAM!!! So I decided to give it a 2nd try :smiley:

Stats:

Intended major: Economics B.A
HS GPA : 4.1w/3.7uw
Overall CC GPA: 3.82 (around 63uns)
Major GPA: 4.0
HS Graduation year : June 2020
TAP: No
AP Exams:

1. AP Chinese Lang and Culture: 5
  2. AP Computer Science A: 4
  3. Calculus B.C.: 4
  4. AP U.S. History: 3
  5. AP Physics1: 3
  6. AP English Lang and Comp: 3
  7. AP U.S. Gov: 3
  8. AP Macro Econ: 3

Extracurriculars/awards:

• 2020 AP Scholar
  • California Scholarship Foundation (CSF) Life-long Scholar
  • Academic achievement award of HS class of 2020
  • Member of PTK Honor Society
  • PTK-ALL USA Academic team nominee (1 of the 2 students nominated from my college)
  • PTK-ALL STATE Academic team 2021 winner (1 of the 105 students nominated from all CC students in CA)
  • President of Speech and Debate club
  • Founder/Webdesigner/supervisor of Lumio Online Volunteer Teaching platform
  • A bunch of volunteer service/personal hobbies

Job/Work Experience:

Job title:

• WEL-JVG Club Coordinator/Office Assistant

Responsibilities:

• Regulating all clubs established under WEL-JVG center
  • Design the club websites
  • Host club activities
  • Write weekly reports for the overall club participation
  • Mentor for club participants

Personal Statement:

• PIQs answered: #1,#5,#8
  • I have revised my PIQs about twenty times and had over ten peoples looked at them… so hopefully they are okay…

Applied for Financial Aid?: Yes

State (if domestic applicant): In-State
School Type: Fullerton College (CC)
Income Bracket: Middle class

Strengths: Have a lot of ECs and awards, second time applying to UC, more experienced.

Weaknesses:

• I think my gpa for my major is too low, (for econ GPA range is 3.83-4.0) it is tooooo competitive. Since I am a one-year transfer most of my transfer Units come from the APs I took in HS (about 32 units), and due to the short time period I have until transfer, I really don’t have time to take much class to build up my GPA. In fact, I only have one B on my transcript but the total classes I took are not enough to sort of average it out ughhhh.

• I didn’t get TAP certified because I literally don’t have enough time to complete the honor’s program.

• Also due to the pandemic, I don’t really have any cc college experience to talk about…

• I heard that we have double the amount of transfer applicants this year compared to last year so… fingers crossed

Schools Applied: UCLA,UCB,UCSD,UCI(TAG)

BEST OF LUCK for everyone!!! Last year was really a mess and we tried our best to survive, now we are almost there, we deserve what we put in! No matter what the outcome is, I am so proud of ALL OF YOU!!

Are there any EECS transfers?

1 Like

me.

Anyone can see the “Transfer Credit” section on the Calnet “my academics” section? I took summer course at ucb and I guess this is the first time I see this menu.

Yes.

I was about to take a summer class at UCB a couple years ago but never ended up taking it. I set up a calnet account at the time, which seems to have expired because I can’t reset my password which I don’t remember anymore or login to calnet. Though I can still login to CalCentral and see an empty dashboard.

From the last year’s thread, you will see “welcome to berkeley” couple of days before the date if you got in!

I thought the portal was updated lol

On CalCentral? I’ll keep an eye out.