UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Thread

Yes, and I heard that there will be update on the “Task” section as well.

1 Like

Wait how do you get a calcentral acc?

By enrolling summers, extensions, etc.

ohh okay thx

Nothing on my portal. I’m cross enrolled from Berkeley City college

Maybe just a couple of days before the release date?

Hello! Just a bit curious on why you didn’t apply for UCSD? Is it purely due to the fact that you live in the vicinity and would rather like to be somewhere else for school? I notice that a lot of my san diego born friends chose out of applying for the school, even if it’s considered to have a better specific program than UC Davis for example.

Just wondering if you didn’t apply because of a reason similar to this.

Anyone here with a gpa 3.36 or lower for something in the humanities or soft science? Just wanna get an idea of my chances.

Halea! You were such a joy in the SLO thread, I’m glad to see you here.

1 Like

Thank you! All of you have really gotten me through the stress of the application process. Glad we can all count on each other.

2 Likes

Halea, I applied last year with a 3.2 gpa but was waitlisted, this year I’m applying again with major prep completed and a 3.3 gpa. I’m in physical science

Ah, good luck. Berkeley didn’t really have any perquisites outlined for my major in my community college on ASSIST so I wasn’t sure what else I needed; I just took as my classes as I could related to my major. Did you recycle your essays, or did you have write new ones?

Thank you! I pretty much used the same essays just made some minor changes because I felt like my essays got me waitlisted rather than rejected last year with a Lower gpa.

1 Like

This is what I’m concerned about. I don’t know how accurate this is, but I don’t quite meet the admit gpa range for my major. It’s 3.50-3.90ish.

Yes actually! I wanted to be close enough to home that I could visit maybe once a month or less, but not too close where they bug me to come home and babysit etc. that would distract me from my work!

It’s accurate - the info is compiled by the campuses’ admissions department. Remember that a full quarter of the admits to any major will have GPAs lower than 25% lower boundary for said major.

So does that mean that you can still be admitted if your gpa is below the average acceptance gpa of your major?

Yes. Example:

For Fall 2020 at UCB in the Conservation and Natural Resources major, the 25% - 75% GPA range for admits was 3.50 - 3.94. Thus, 25% of the admits were ABOVE 3.94 and 25% of the admits were BELOW 3.50.

1 Like

Thank you. Geez, College admissions officer should be its own major.

4 Likes

A “back of the napkin” approach to take this a bit further is:

Middle 50%: 3.50 to 3.94
Top 25% is therefore 3.95 to 4.00
Projection is that the bottom 25% (using the same 0.06 spread): 3.44 to 3.49

I would LOVE to see how close this is to reality - your mileage will vary

1 Like