UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Thread

Ya I’m pretty sure since we could only apply to one major. They can’t just assign you a random major

1 Like

Accepted!
Major: Philosophy
In-State (California)
School: LACC
GPA: 4.0
Income Bracket: Low Income
Hooks: First Generation (Hispanic), LGBT, Dean’s Honor List

Extracurriculars: No extra curricular whatsoever, though I described in full detail that because of my upbringing, I chose to leave home early and started working 30-40 hours a week for three years to make ends meet.

Job/Work Experience: Multiple restaurants, as a host and server, locations in New York, Palo Alto and Los Angeles

Strengths: Large work experience, my personal insight questions were carefully crafted and to the best of my ability, really demonstrates my pervasiveness and determination to transfer despite working, paying rent, tutoring my siblings, etc (just regular ol’ adulting lol) I also managed to complete my IGETC and major prereqs in one academic school year, I will be finished by June!!!
Weaknesses: No extra curriculars, I don’t know how damaging this is tbh, but my work and school record can prove that I’ve been fending for myself since I graduated high school.

3 Likes

lmao ikr

thank you :blush:

hopefully ucla goes “oh! we remember you. we like you. yeahhh come on back” and gives u that admission baby!!!

that’s what im hoping!! although i applied for political science before and now i’m applying for psych which i think is more competitive… so we’ll see :sweat_smile:

Don’t worry about it. Our S17 applied for Fall 2019 and was accepted but was pushed to Spring 2020 (just in time for Covid lockdown). It means absolutely nothing.

got waitlisted, 3.74 gpa history major. not too bad considering it’s not a definite no! one interesting thing to consider though: a friend of mine told me two people they know also applied, were waitlisted, then received a phone call saying they were actually admitted. does anyone know anything about this? i did receive several phone calls, no caller ID, so i brushed it off as spammers and now i’m freaking out. UGH. congrats to everyone who was admitted!

Grade trend is huge. You basically have gotten all As for 4 semesters - including the current one (I assume). And linguistics is not as competitive as say Haas or CS.

(Dad clap on shoulder) - I’m proud of you.

Accepted:
Econ Major, 3.8 GPA
Honor’s Program

Accepted:
Haas School of Business (with interview)
3.98 GPA

1 Like

ACCEPTED 3.7 SOCIOLOGY!!!

huge upward grade trend//put my heart into my essays. CONGRATS EVERYONE

1 Like

Call them back!!!

3.94 GPA accepted into EECS

Rejected
Major: Mol/cell bio
In-State (California)
School: WLAC
GPA: 3.83
Hooks: Dean’s List, some classes with honors, single-mom, first generation college student, non-traditional (38 years old)

Extracurriculars: full time job (flight attendant), child

Job/Work Experience: Director of finance for a corporation, flight attendant

Strengths: great piq’s, extensive work experience, a ton of leadership experience, managed to raise a child and fly all over the world for work while keeping high GPA.

Weaknesses: haven’t taken calc II

The withdrawal glitch was accurate. It said unauthorized.

Accepted: UCI
Rejected: UCR, UCB

Hey guys! I wanted to let you know that I’ve been reading this thread for a long time and you are a bunch of really great people! You will be successful wherever you end up!

Result: ACCEPTED
Major: Architecture
GPA: Combined GPA of ~3.3
Glitch: No longer interested…

I poured my heart and soul into my essays and I took all the required classes!

1 Like

Accepted into Business Administration (w/ interview)
GPA: 4.0

Accepted
Major: Political Science
In-State (California)
School: RHC
GPA: 3.68
Hooks: Student counsel, Debate, Family perseverance (caregiver), Honors Program

Extracurriculars: Student counsel, Honors, AGS, Pathway to Law, and Debate

The withdrawal glitch was accurate.

it’s a BUNCH of different numbers like… all random. another just called 3 minutes ago that i didn’t hear lol but i’m officially panicking

Accepted!!
Major: Astrophysics
School: CCC
GPA: 3.86
Background: Male, Latino, Low Income
Hooks: Dean’s and President’s List, First-Gen College Student, Non-traditional (32 yrs old)
Prereq: Completed IGETC
PIQ: Gave it everything that i got.

1 Like