UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Thread

Accepted!
Admitted for Spring 2022

Major: History
GPA: 3.88 / 4.0 major GPA
CCC Student (LA County)
IGETC: Done as of Spring 2021
Pre-reqs: Done as of Spring 2021
EC’s: non-traditional older student with plenty of work experience and volunteerism
Essays: Life transparency was key in my writing.

Applied: UCSB, Cal, UCLA, Pomona College, Pepperdine, others
Accepted: Pepperdine, UCSB, Cal (omg!)
Waitlist: Pomona College

Waiting on the rest

Withdraw button prediction was right.

1 Like

I think we should share essays, it might give people an idea of what they did wrong, or what they can do in the future

Congrats mate!

1 Like

ACCEPTED 3.43 GPA Mechanical Engineering

California community college student from the central valley.

I had a big boi upward grade trend. I went to SDSU and dropped out after two years due to poor performance. BUT I’ve gotten straight A’s over the past two years in all of my engineering courses and a couple remaining GEs.

My extracurriculars were solid, but not fully related to engineering. I work as a professional in the entertainment/wedding industry, I’m a retail employee, and I did engineering-related research over summer at my local CSU (I don’t go there but got offered the research position anyway).

My essays were probably 9/10 and explained the reason why my grades suffered at SDSU in a very candid, open manner. I discussed mental health and how I overcame my inner demons.

I’m honestly so shook rn…might have cried when I saw the decision. I’ve come so far and I almost can’t believe it.

Accepted: BERKELEY, UC Irvine, SDSU, Cal Poly Pomona, Chico State, San Jose State, UC Santa Cruz
Waitlist: UCSB, UC Davis
Rejected: Cal Poly SLO
no decision yet: UCSD

applied/accepted for mechanical engineering except for UCSC (they don’t have mech e. so I applied as electrical engineering)

5 Likes

Good job!

1 Like

yes

I was shaking when I read the acceptance haha, thought there was absolutely no way I got in

2 Likes

yo SAAAAAAME. what’s your major?

1 Like

Electrical Engineering and Comp Sci!

I totally forgot to reply. Once I saw I got it at 3 I legit couldn’t move :joy:

everyone who applies for the college of letters and science and is admitted is admitted as undeclared. you have to apply for your major after you’re admitted and meet with an advisor. there’s more info about it on their transfer website! transfers.berkeley.edu/lettersandscience

4 Likes

I didn’t know that

Hell yeah, about as equally as hard as mech e. Congrats friend!!

Accepted to EECS
GPA: 3.80
CCC Student from San Jose
Did not do IGETC but fulfilled CSU and UC requirements individually
Pre-reqs will be completed in Spring 2021
Received As for CS61A/B/C equivalents

Hooks: Non-traditional younger student (16 y/o at time of application, 17 now)
ECs: Part of organization that raises financial aid for Yemen children; swimming instructor (taught valuable soft skills); some family startups, etc.

Applied to all the UCs because I also applied last year and was rejected from all of them except UCR, so I was very paranoid this time around. Also applied to SJSU, CSULB, SDSU, and Cal Poly SLO.

Accepted: UCSC, UCR, UCB, UCSB (alternative major), UCD (TAG), CSULB, UCM, SJSU
Waitlisted: Cal Poly SLO
Rejected: UCI, SDSU

I was surprised this time around, probably should have not applied to so many o_o

For anyone data mining, my withdraw button said “I no longer wish to…” (i dont remember the rest lol)

1 Like

Jehdjdeheejdhd I got in!!!

Accepted!
Major: Molecular Cell Biology (Neurobiology track)
Transferring from SoCal CCC
Prereqs: Finishing my last two this semester
IGETC: Done, but need to certify completion of foreign language requirement through international exams taken while in HS
Units completed: 82
Units in progress: 12
GPA: When applied, 3.783; For TAU, 3.797
TAG: Davis
TAP / Honors: Yes for both
EC’s: 7 months of working in customer service and retail in a leadership position, 2 years of teaching middle school students, 1.5 year of being a board member for Psychology Club and 1 year of being club President, 3+ years volunteering for Crisis Text Line, 3+ years serving in my church, and more
Essays: I only really loved 1 out of my 3 supplemental essays. My required essay was alright.
Applied: UCB, UCD, UCI, UCSB, UCLA, UCSD, USC, Pitzer, Fordham, SUNY Binghamton, Stony Brook, Purdue, Penn State, and some more OOS
Accepted: UCB, UCD, UCI, UCSB, Fordham, SUNY Binghamton, Stony Brook, Purdue, Penn State
Rejected: none so far
Pending: UCLA, UCSD, USC, Pitzer

1 Like

I still have A’s this semester. Really hoping I’ll maintain them! Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you so much!

You too man! Hope to see you in the fall!

1 Like

does someone know how does the waitlist work?