UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Thread

i think you just have to fill the form that they linked with your letter. I got mine too and it says after june 1st they will re evaluate each student who submitted a waitlist request and then i heard before july 1st or sometime before or after im not so sure they will offer you a spot or not.

thanks! :smiley:

Nice ! Do Berkeley send any welcome package?

WAITLISTED!

I started crying because I was really expecting a rejection :’)
Major: Anthropology
IGETC and Pre-req’s: All done
Units completed: 75ish
GPA: 3.2-3.3 after last semester and AR’s
TAG: UCSC
EC’s: Speech and Debate team, Won some tournaments, worked 20 hours a week since I was 16, Some sporadic volunteer work at food bank and college events, I organized study groups for my bio anthro class
Essays: I honestly only spent one week on them, but I think they were very strong. I wrote about growing up in Section 8 and losing neighbors to drugs and that being a huge part of the reason for enrolling in EC’s and college. Also wrote about debate and photography. I think my essays played a big role in being waitlisted instead of just being rejected tbh

Admitted: UCSC (tag)
Rejected: UCI
Waitlisted: UCSB
Waiting: UCLA, UCSD
I was really shocked especially knowing I was only accepted into one UC which was TAG, but I am hopeful!

2 Likes

yall wanna work on waitlist essays together ? LOL

yes i think so, you should get like a few papers as well as your acceptance letter

OMG I knew u’ll make it CONGRAYS!!!

Ya… I didn’t get in as a spring transfer
Did get in as a fall transfer tho

I got in yaerd!!! we were all tripping balls

1 Like

:rofl: congrats

I’m MCB Neurobio track too! See you there :slight_smile:

Philosophy Major
GPA: 3.4
Result: Rejected
“Hooks” First gen, hispanic,

rejected from Irvine, Santa Barbara, Cal,
Waitlisted from Davis.
Waiting for Santa Clara, Stanford, And UCLA
Life is hard.

1 Like

My only guess is that UCB and UCLA are very biased for local applicants IF they are very strong, i.e., UCB will think that you will get into UCLA for sure and they don’t want to get a hit on their yield number. You should have been accepted anywhere you applied.

1 Like

Accepted!
Major: Chemical Engineering!!!
GPA: 3.6

Wonder what your Withdrawal Astrology was. “I am no longer interested …” or “not authorized”?

1 Like

haha I like the fact that you refer to it as “Astrology”, spot on

1 Like

I wish I knew too! i was too anxious to log in and didnt check portal until I got an email from them around 4

1 Like

congrats! can i pm you?

Accepted!

Art history
Igetc and pre reqs completed

2 Likes

For sure!