UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Thread

if anyone has any advice for successfully getting off the waitlist please let me know! i didn’t know there was a personal essay option until i looked at the form. i’m a pretty strong writer, given my stats i think a kickass essay is all i need to prove that i’m cal material.

4 Likes

Hey does anyone know about IGETC,
On my uc application, I indicated that I was going to have completed IGETC, but really its only a partial IGETC. Does anyone know if this can change my admission status? Nothing changed whatsoever on my transcript just to be clear.

Congrats to those who got in! Any CS majors tho?

does anyone know if it matters when I submit my waitlist essay/LOCI? as in does it affect my chances of being accepted?

totally down!

1 Like

Accepted EECS 4.0

Rejected
Economics
Gpa: 3.94

Probably my essays and ECs were not good enough.

no it doesnt matter, the waitlist system is not ranked. as long as you submit prior to 15 may!

1 Like

i’ve been looking into some resources already because i got waitlisted too! check reddit and maybe even ask ms sun’s website or some articles focused on how to write an awesome waitlist essay

1 Like

Accepted !
Art history- gpa 3.7ish
The glitch proved to be true for me!
Congratulations to all:)

Accepted
L&S
2012-2014 basically 2.0
Summer 2020 took 15 units 4.0
Fall 2020 29 units 3.75
IGETC - Completed
PIQ - Hard to judge, my proofreaders said they were good, but they were family so hard to gauge
High School dropout at age 16, military service, extensive meaning work history

Waitlisted: CS major as 3rd year CC student with IEGETC completed and 3.93 gpa + 1.5 yr CS internship exp and good essays. I was waitlisted last year but not offered admission so I thought I’d get in for sure this year.
Fellow waitlistees check out the waitlist thread:

REJECTED

3.98 GPA but I am out of state/international student
Major: political science

I was also waitlisted at UC Davis

Accepted
Applied Math
3.8 GPA
“Not Interested”
TBH my essays were really good

1 Like

Accepted!
4.0 GPA- I applied under Political Science
I didn’t check if I had the glitch since I was scared of accidentally withdrawing LOL
I got an invitation for the Regents Scholarship at UCLA, but I think I’m going to UCB instead :smiley: Good luck to anyone waiting for UCLA or on UCB waitlists!

Congrats to everyone! Today was such an emotional rollercoaster from start to finish haha

3 Likes

Accepted! I will drop some of my stats, I’m just as surprised as you are!
Major: Art History
IGETC and Pre-req’s: IGETC yes, pre-req’s only 2/4 completed
Units completed: 70+
GPA: 3.7
EC’s: Part-time Job, member of the screen actors guild, and dean’s and president’s list
Hooks: non-traditional older student who returned to school, worked many jobs since I’ve left high school, raised by a single mother

Admitted: UCSB, UCI (tag), CSULB, CSUF, CPP
Waiting: UCLA, USC

2 Likes

cognitive sci major here also accepted for spring 2022 instead of fall 2021, anyone know why?

Hey same! Good luck with UCLA!

Hey! Maybe we’ll be classmates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which is your top pick? mine is LA but If not, Berk or CSULB