UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Thread

How’s everyone doing? Any word on what E1-E5 mean? I’m getting anxious! Haha

You need to go to Berkeley! UCLA is nice, but it’s just not Berkeley! You’ll be internationally admired haha.

I got accepted to Berkeley! I’ll drop some of my stats, I’m actually super surprised I got in.
Major: Media Studies
IGETC and Pre-Reqs: Yes, all finished
Units: 60+
GPA: 3.87
ECS: Part-time job as a music teacher for kids, I also volunteer at local high schools helping kids write and give speeches and volunteer at my works non-profit when I’m not on the clock raising money for kids to play music who can’t afford to.
PIQ: I fell into the wrong crowd around middle/high school and was abusing drugs and alcohol during high school until the end of Freshman year, but I cleaned my act up Sophomore year.
Admitted: UCD, UC Berkeley
Waiting: UCLA, UCSD and USC

3 Likes

TBH LA but if not then Cal or UCI

It means nothing.

As I told someone upthread, our S17 was accepted at Cal for Fall 2019, but was pushed to Spring 2020. They know some kids will be leaving Cal at the end of the Fall semester, either withdrawing or graduating. They place some transfers (and even a few freshmen) in the Spring to fill those spots.

1 Like

Is there like a discord?

Accepted!!!
As a Public Health major
gpa: 3.51
2 withdrawals
Hooks: Research internship at UCLA, work with students under academic probation
Lots of EC and volunteering hours
Accepted: UC Davis, UCB
Rejected: CSULB, Cal Poly Slo, UC Irvine
(shocked I got into UCB since I have a low gpa and Im missing some pre-reqs, PIQ’s and EC definitely helped me get in)

ACCEPTED!
Major: Anthropology
IGETC and Pre-req’s: All complete
Honors Program: Complete.
Units completed: 70
GPA: 3.56 overall, 3.88 ASSIST, 4.0 major, 4.0 for last 15 classes.
EC’s: Supplemental Instruction Leader for Physical Anthropology, Psychology Club, Phi Theta Kappa
Job/Work: Former Disneyland Tour Guide, Display Artist at Anthropologie and Management at Target
Hooks: Non-traditional, first gen, single mother
Essays: Major prep experience as an anthro SI Leader; becoming a young single mother and putting my college goals on hold; how a work injury forced me from my former career and allowed me to return to college; and a grab bag story about magical thinking, anthropology, and feminism.
Strengths: Storytelling, honors prep
Weaknesses: Gap in education

Admitted: UCR (TAG), UCB!
Waiting: UCLA (Honors TAP)

I am in complete disbelief! It was a YOLO decision to apply here. LOL

2 Likes

Anyone applying for applied math is waitlisted?

Accepted, International student from CCC 4.0 GPA EECS

here~but i am rejected with 4.0gpa.

Accepted
Chem Engineering
3.97 (major required class -2, I am taking these two)
I haven’t touch the withdrawal option since yesterday so I can’t tell about the glicth

Did anyone else get in who is taking courses concurrently?

I checked the thread for 2020, and notice that none of the waiting list are being accepted because of the over-enrollment. So, basically, I am very likely to be rejected later.

Accepted!
Major: Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 4.0
Have not touched the withdraw button so do not know about the glitch.

@h2o2 @vampiregirl did you guys get pushed to spring?

yeah i got waitlisted for applied math with a 4.0

i got in for fall 2021! did you get pushed to spring? :0

does anyone know the acceptance rate this year?

ayy we’ve got a pretty semi-similar set of stats/backstory. good job friend :+1:

1 Like