UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Thread

who’s got the transfer IG? Discord? Myspace page??

^ !! really looking forward to getting to know you all! :partying_face:

EDIT: Found an Official Transfer FB group hosted by the UCB Student Affairs Team and Transfer Student Center!

1 Like

i was browsing a thread for 2020 waitlisted transfers as well, a good amount were actually admitted and decisions began rolling out by the second week of june. 2019 was actually the year where waitlisted students had worse luck due to overenrollment and issues with housing. given people may still be reluctant to attend school during the pandemic, i’d say keep your spirits high. a few of last year’s admitted transfers didn’t even write anything in the essay portion.

Yeah, I got spring. Did I barely get accepted or what? Haha. Oh well. Let’s keep in touch.

Really? To be honest the Applied Math is still a relatively popular major so I think it is relatively normal for this to happen. :joy:

I got pushed to spring too

I checked the official UC transfer guide, and the yield rate is about 61% in 2020 for applied math, but I am not very sure whether the university will make up all of the remaining spot using people from the waitlist cuz so far I didn’t see acceptance from the waitlist in the waitlist thread of 2020 (maybe I overlook some, because I only looked from the bottom 6-7 pages)

Anyway, just good luck to everyone.

I wonder how they decide who to put in spring term. Congrats tho. We’re in, all that matters.

Lets go Accepted

1 Like

I think you still have a chance, and although it may be very difficult, it is not completely hopeless.

ACCEPTED
Major: Economics
GPA: 3.8

No volunteer work, no internships, no awards, no honors, 2010 high school graduate, dropped CC several times, 3 Ws on transcript, rejected last year with Architecture major.

IGETC and Pre-req’s completed. Associate degrees in Architecture Design and Economics. Very strong personal statement.

Also accepted: UC Davis, UCI

3 Likes

Congrats to all who got accepted.
Wondering if anyone who got accepted are from another UC school?

My D19 was pushed to spring. Same thing happened to my S17 when he applied in 2019.

not my son

yep! accepted to cal yesterday and i go to uc santa cruz at the moment!

How many waitlisters are also opting in?

Thanks a lot for your reply. Congrats!

i am

Anyone know if we’re getting anything physical in the mail if we were accepted?