UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Thread

🥲ty n congrats!!!

1 Like

I have all Cs
College L&S, Economics

But out of 4 last classes I am taking right now, only Business Stats is related to Economics major. The rest are for my Architecture AS.

1 Like

🥲panics ty though!!! N congrats on getting in c:

1 Like

Congrats to you too!

1 Like

Son was admitted to L&S. He needs to finish with no lower than C s.

Ty!!! Congrats to your son

I GOT ACCEPTED!!! I can’t believe I got into Berkeley even after 2 days!!!
Major: Urban Studies
GPA: 3.81
Major Prep: All finished by fall 2020
60 transferable units and IGETC: will complete after this semester
NorCal CCC in bay area, International Student
I want to add a special note to our future Bears. I got two Bs in IGETC English course. Many people had said I wouldn’t be accepted to Berkeley. (Berkeley only accept a small amount of Intl student, B in English is game over blah blah blah) Remember, trust yourself. If you got a bad GPA, you can replace it with ECs or a good essay. I do think my essay or ECs save me. Prepare at least 2 months to write the PIQs. Summer is the best time for you before the best semester. I really hope to see you guys in the future! GO BEARS!

4 Likes

Did you get off the waitlist?

Congrats! I am also an urban studies major. It’s a super small program so it is nice to see another person in it!!

um no, I was accepted on 4/23

OMG… im going to pm you

I still can’t believe I got accepted!

Major: Media Studies
GPA: 3.79
20F
Graduating from my CC in May with 3 AA for Transfer in Psych, Sociology, and Communications.
Finishing up all IGETC and Major requirements this semester
Volunteer at a non-profit youth center, completed a writing internship, honors at my CC, I have worked two jobs throughout my time at CC
Essays: I thought they were pretty strong, I had everyone read them for me and I think i am a pretty strong writer.

I went to a four year that was well known for nursing straight after high school, but i dropped out because I was not happy with the major and did not want to pay for a private school. I am so happy I went through with the CC route despite a lot of doubt from friends and family in the beginning!

Also Accepted: UCI (TAG), CSULB, CSUF
Waitlisted: Cal Poly Pomona
Rejected: SDSU
Waiting: UCLA, UCSD

1 Like

Congrats! Can I ask stats?

I just checked my grades, n it turns out I might be ok. I was prob just stressing out abt nothing as usual. Thanks everyone for sharing though. Its highly appreciated c:

1 Like

Accepted
Major: Cell and Molecular Biology
GPA: 3.55
Acceptance: UCB, UCSB, UCI, UCD
Waiting on: UCLA and UCSD
IGETC: completed

I still can’t believe I got accepted. I had very strong essays and also many years of experience in healthcare.

2 Likes

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Accepted
Major: conservation and resource studies
GPA: 4.0
Acceptance: UCB, UCSB, UCI, UCD
Waiting on: UCLA and UCSD
IGETC: will be complete by spring 2021
Withdraw message: what everyone else had (I almost accidentally withdrew my app tho oof

I dun see anyone talking abt the college of natural resources so XD

Can anyone see their financial aid package?

Thank you! Yeah for sure

Accepted
Major: EECS
GPA: 3.96
Pre-reqs: Everything done by end of Spring 2021, took a lot of extra non-required CS classes so I think that helped me
EC’s: Nothing crazy, member of an org, a lot of academic awards, and started a very small business to make money on the side, tutored CS this last semester at my CC
Essays: Felt pretty good about them, I talked a lot about my improvement as a student. Was a poor student in HS (particularly in Math and Sciences) and talked about how I did a complete 180 in College, I think that helped me out a lot. Also just talked about my personal struggles and my passion for CS.

Hope that helped!!

2 Likes