UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Waitlist Thread

not today?

nope, hopefully wednesday ?

Anyone know if the withdraw glitch still applies for waitlist decisions?

no it doesn’t , the waitlist has its own glitch

1 Like

Hi all! I just called the admissions representative to ask about wave releases and they said that there’ll be one by the end of June. Apparently they’re still trying to figure out what departments have space and are choosing students accordingly (didn’t tell me specific ones though). The person also “strongly believed” that there wouldn’t be any more waves in July?

WHICH MEANS THERE’LL ONLY BE ONE WAVE ???
(But if they’re still choosing doesn’t that mean there should be more than one wave ? )

The conversation was so confusing…feel like I left with more questions than answers. Does anyone have more info ?

1 Like

WOW, thank you for checking it.

thank you for checking for us! as much as admissions wants to help, i don’t really think they have all the information themselves either. the progress is unpredictable each year as it depends on who does or doesn’t decide to enroll, so i honestly don’t believe they’ll be just one wave. at the least there will probably be two, considering cal is the semester system it would be fair to give newly admitted transfers a month or more to be able to secure housing, register for classes, etc. so they don’t feel like they’ve fallen behind. there’s also the possibility that admitted students from the waitlist will be admitted to the spring semester so that would buy more time.

1 Like

same here! I would’t be surprised if there was a first wave for fall enrolls and a second for January starts.

at this point i wouldn’t mind a january start, some are really set on graduating “on time” but i’m already 23 and none of that matters in the long run! an august start would be pretty stressful.

3 Likes

Absolutely! I also have two waves in mind, hopefully we get something by next week. Spring admission makes so much sense given we don’t have a lot of time now…

My S17 did a January transfer to Cal and my D19 is doing the same to Cal. I think it’s great. You can spend an extra semester completing a minor or double major. You can more easily do a semester abroad if you like.

1 Like

See below.

well this waiting sucks…has anyone heard back yet?

Not yet :\ Next week is the last week before the July 1st deadline, but the Freshman Waitlisters have been told to continue waiting so we’ll probably get the same email directing us to wait into August if we haven’t already been admitted by July 1. Which sucks balls lol. I think I may just fully commit to my SIR’d school if I don’t get admitted by July.

Let’s pray we that tomorrow is the day!!

today is not the day because UC is still on holiday on 6/28

1 Like

they will have to let us know by this week though right? since it is gonna be july first this week after all

they will give us some type of update by this week im pretty sure. i have a feeling that theyre just going to extend the waitlist into july ://

omg i hope they don’t extend it :frowning: I’m going crazy waiting

i really hope so too except i think the same situation as last year might happen again this year where they extend the waitlist all the way til late july and then ultimately reject everyone :(( cal and some of the other UCs are terrible at handling the waitlist and we always get the short end of the stick, it seems like