UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Waitlist Thread

Just saw on the Berkeley website that their waitlist deadline has been extended to 22rd, don’t know why this happened

do you think it’s because they’ve placed many more students on the waitlist than they have in previous years?? i’m worried they won’t accept me😭

I honestly don’t know. Maybe you can email them to ask why they extend the deadline. I would guess maybe it is because May 15th is also the transfer decision release date for many universities, and maybe a lot of transfers may choose to withdrawal their applications which can make the application pool smaller. However, I don’t think they do so in the 2020 round, so maybe some other factors are taking into account.

Just realized that the extension for waitlist is for regular decision people not for transfer students like us cuz it says April rather than May 22nd.

Waitlisted, Geography major 3.89 overall GPA. From CCC.
UCSB accepted, UCLA waiting.
Didn’t spend a lot of time writing essays because I TAG UCSB. Probably withdraw my application if I admitted by UCLA.

so our deadline is still 15 May ?

yes

1 Like

Since the UCLA decision just came out, anyone applied UCLA decided to go there instead?

When would we likely hear back from them whether or not we get in?

after 1 june, i heard people get in a couple weeks after the SIR deadline

are you going to ucla instead ?

are you guys writing in letter or essay format

I got in to ucla! Should I still opt in wait list at Cal?

I haven’t decided yet :sweat_smile:

ucla is already top two UC so i think it’s a great choice no matter what you do

Thanks! I decided that I still wanna try to opt in for Cal (probably commit to ucla first) since I love Bay Area so much

I didn’t apply to UCLA and even if I had been applied, I would probably choose UCB based on my major.

has anyone submitted or started on their essay? i’ve been working on mine since wednesday and i’m totally stuck lol i think i’m trying way too hard because i know it’s my last chance to get my spot :confused:

I feel you! I don’t really know what should I put into that essay since I basically didn’t do anything new for the past 5 months… I just put how I love the major and the program at Cal, and why the major is closest to reach my career goals.

1 Like

I got some questions guys. Should I SIR to a school first? or should I opt in to the waitlist first? If I end it up got a chance to go to Cal, will there be a bad or negative record for me at the school that I firstly SIR to? I will probably SIR to ucla, but I am just concerning if I choose Cal eventually, will I be on the “blacklist” at ucla?(maybe they won’t even consider me if I apply for grad school?)