UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Waitlist Thread

Did u guys write an essay? Not sure if the essay will make a difference :confused:

yes i wrote an essay, it was fire tbh

I wrote one too, I’ve spoken to my UCB TAP advisors though and they said even though it can only help, it won’t make or break your chances of the waitlist.

Has anyone heard back yet? Poli sci major 4.0 gpa here.

I also wrote an essay, but I honestly I don’t have any new activities or stuff since the application, so the only thing I put in my essay was how I love that major lol…not sure if that’s what they wanna see

1 Like

Seems like I am the only one who is waitlisted by college of natural resources in this thread haha

I’m waitlisted as an Astrophysics major. I wrote an essay pretty much talking about an upcoming internship this summer and how Berkeley would be the perfect place to continue my research.

1 Like

Glad to hear. Just out of curiosity, what do u think contribute to you being waitlisted? For me, I was missing some major prereqs but assist said i could take them at Cal if i get in

i think it was my low gpa

I think it was because I didn’t talk too much about Environmental economics related in my essay. I only mentioned few words about environmental economics…

do you guys think that there would be only few people will get off the waitlist this year? I saw many students with very low gpa get in, so probably the yield rate will be higher??

bro i hope not, they better accept all of us on this forum

I hope not either, Berkeley has been my dream school for such a long time

me too!! it’s been my dream school since seventh grade😭

Let’s hope for this: those who got in with low gpa are pre-med/biology/chemistry…very hard stem majors students who plan to go to grad school so let’s hope that they wouldn’t choose Cal but some other schools where they can get higher gpa easier for grad schools. then we all can get in…

2 Likes

no glitches for me so far

Sorry if I am late to this but do glitches indicate something? Thank u!

I am actually not sure, but ppl say that if there is a FAQ glitch on your MAP, probably means you are admitted

whaaaa can we confirm this? lol

it has happened to the transfers in the past several times. basically if ur FAQ is missing or like there’s two FAQs, it probably means ur admitted