UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Wondering the same thing…

I believe last year’s Regents invites went out on Wednesday, Feb. 10. In prior years they came out on first or second Friday of February. Found these dates on last year’s threads:

2020: 2/7
2019: 2/8
2019: 2/9
2017: 2/10
2016: 2/12
(All 1st / 2nd Fridays of Feb)

Also, @lkg4answers posted this last year: Last year, email invites to apply for Regents were sent just after 3:30 pm PST on Friday, Feb 7. The email said, “decision updates have been posted to your application for admission at UC Berkeley

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. I have a feeling it will be next Friday

4 Likes

The subject line of the email in 2020 was: An Update to your UC Berkeley Application

The rest of the email said,
Important decision updates have been posted to your application for admission at UC Berkeley. Please check MAP @ Berkeley to get the latest update.

Our records indicate that you have already established your MAP @ Berkeley account. Your username is _________

Thank you.

UC Berkeley
Office of Undergraduate Admissions

In 2020, UCLA’s Regents invites were sent the same day (2/7/2020). The subject of the UCLA email was “Freshman Regents Scholarship Information.”

5 Likes

Maybe a duh question - but if you are sent a Regents invite, does that automatically mean you have been admitted?

Per previous posts, there’s an extremely high chance that is the case.

1 Like

For Berkeley, you are admitted to the university when you receive the Regents invite. The email will tell you to check your portal for an update to your application. When you log onto your portal, you will see a letter of acceptance.

7 Likes

My D did not get LOR but 3 kids from her school got in December. We are lil bit worried

Only up to 13-15% of applicants are selected to submit an LOR since admissions needs more information when making their decision. The majority of applicants that are admitted will have not submitted an LOR. Nothing to worry about and at this point it is out of your hands.

1 Like

Does getting an LOR request mean u have no chance at the regents invite? My little brother applied this year and he has really really amazing stats and is hoping to get regents, but he got an LOR request in December. Does that mean he was a borderline applicant (I don’t understand how the heck he could be) or maybe did they just want more info? (his essays talked about our ethnic struggles but didn’t go too deep due to the word count limitations)

Getting an LOR request does not mean an applicant is not considered for Regents. Not uncommon for High Stat applicants to get LOR requests.

Hm interesting. What other reason would they request an LOR? Maybe because our school is an underrepresented area?

LOR’s from UCB are used instead of the Augmented/Supplemental review used by the other UC campuses.

Reasons for LOR’s and Augmented Review:

1. Evidence of focus on an area of special talent which may have limited a student’s time to participate in a broader range of activities.
  2. Evidence of character traits that imply a strong likelihood of making a significant contribution to campus life.
  3. Evidence of significant academic achievement or the potential for academic achievement at the University in spite of extraordinary or compound disadvantage or learning difference, or physical disability or other unusual circumstances.
  4. Evidence of significant improvement in the academic record accompanied by one or both of the following: (1) reasons for the initial poor performance; and (2) sustained and in-depth participation in educational outreach programs, which demonstrate the applicant’s commitment to succeed academically within a challenging environment.
  5. Evidence of relative lack of access to, counseling about, or support to take college preparatory, honors, Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) classes or required college entrance examinations

Will MET results be out today?

It’s confirmed that MET decisions come out today for transfer applicants. But for first-year applicants (like me and presumably you, too), we have no idea at the moment as far as I know.

Has anyone received an early acceptance or regents invite from Berkeley?

No, but I think it will come tomorrow or this Friday probably.

You’ll know pretty easily when you log in to this thread. This thread will get very lively when they do come out.

6 Likes

Two question: Do those who apply L&S also get considered for regents and does an LOR hurt your chances of getting regents?

1 Like

As said above, all applicants are eligible for Regents, and a LOR request is just the admissions committee requesting more information, in and of itself it is not a positive or negative sign. Applicants who have received LOR requests have been accepted into Regents or have been rejected, it shouldn’t be read into too much.

1 Like